070

S E V E N T Y
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Two days later, both Minho and I woke up to the sound of heavy crying, sobs, and murmurs.

"I'll go." Whispered Minho, who was immediately alert and knew it was Nari. He left the room.

I listen, but couldn't hear what was happening, just the cries turning quieter and footsteps in the hallway five minutes later. The clock told me it was two a.m, in the middle of the night.

Minho came back with Nari clinging around him like a koala. Little sobs left her mouth and she was shaking from crying. And wow, that physically hurt to even see.

Minho managed to lay down with the girl in his arms. She never let go of him. I couldn't see her face. She was burying her head too deep in his chest.

"Nightmare." Minho explained quietly. "And she keeps on coughing. I guess the cold is coming back. I'll let her stay. Inhaler's on my nightstand in case."

"Okay." I nodded. Tried to comfort Nari with rubs on her back and drawing circles in her hair.

"Please don't leave." She cried. Her tiny arms wrapped tighter around Minho. "I don't want you to leave."

"I'm not going anywhere." He told her. "I won't leave."

She cried louder. "Please stay with me." She said again. "Please don't go to work."

A short silence in which Minho was thoughtful, but then he nodded. "I won't leave. And you're safe, remember? Nothing will happen." He hummed, caressing her back too. "I promise. Because I'll fight away all the bad dreams! And Quinn will help. So we can protect our little princess and she can have peaceful dreams. The best ones!"

Maybe not the right time, but Minho would make an amazing father.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

He kept his promise and didn't leave for work the next day. Nari got over her dream. In fact, I had a feeling she barely remembered it, and was now only coughing, sneezing, and sniffing on the couch.

"Do you want to eat something?" I offered as I handed her to remote. She shook her head. "Drink?" Another shake of her head. "A blanket?" A nod. "Sure you don't want food?" Another nod.

I tucked her in with a blanket while Minho made us some breakfast. Nari had circles under her eyes, her normally shiny hair was now messy, and she kept coughing.

"Here, Nar." Talking with a soft voice, Minho sat down and held a cup in front of Nari. Steam came off it, followed by a smell I couldn't really place. "Drink."

The girl shook her head. Spoke with a hoarse voice, "I'm not thirsty."

"I know, but it's necessary, okay?" Minho tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "It'll help you breath better. Trust me. All right?"

Hesitantly, Nari took some sips of the drink. "You won't leave, right Minnie?"

"I won't." He promised. "Come on, drink up."

She quickly finished the drink and pushed it back in Minho's hands. He walked away. I took Nari's tiny hand. "Need anything else?"

"Sleep." She yawned, then coughed. I was worried for a second, but then she stopped. "Can you stay?"

"Of course."
Nari made me sit on the couch so she could sleep on my lap, the blanket almost covering her whole body. A few last coughs and sniffs before she closed her eyes.

Minho walked in straight after that. A smile curved on his lips as he sat down next to me, taking my hand and lying his head on my shoulder.

"I love you." I murmured, just to remind him.

"I love you." A squeeze in my hand. "And I'm proud of you."

A frown and a nervous laugh. "Why?"

"Because you're dealing with a lot and still manage to get up and make it through everyday. 'Cause you don't give up and are okay, which I am very grateful for."

I smiled, closing my eyes. "Thank you. I'm proud of you too. The way you take care of Nari, and me."

A quiet sigh. "Well, some deserve good boyfriends, and others deserve to have some kind of father. One that's caring, at least."

I was about to reply. Comfort him, but he continued.

"Talking about fathers." Another sigh. "Tomorrow he and my mom will be back." He swallowed deeply, his eyes betraying how much he disliked announcing this. "And I wanted to introduce you to them. If you're okay with that, or course. But I'm not sure. My dad can be... you know what I mean."

A ton of anxiety hit me, but I nodded. There had to be a point where I would meet his parents, and maybe this would bring me closer to Minho. Maybe I could understand the issues he had with his father better.
"Yeah, sure. I'd like to meet them."

He nodded. "Okay. That's great. I'll let them know."

"Should I cook?"

"I'll help you." Minho said, not even replying to my question. "Will it be okay?"

"Of course."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

A/n: sorry it took so long for me to update, but here it is :)