020

T W E N T Y
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

It wouldn't take much longer for us to go to Germany. The whole day I had been watching movies with Thomas, gossiped, and probably fell asleep a few times too, until Winston, Minho, Sonya, and Harriet stormed into the room.

Someone threw something onto my lap so fast I could barely register what it was, until I took it in my hands.

A bar of chocolate.

I looked up, finding Minho hanging above me. He was upside down for me, because he stood behind the couch, but his laugh was clearly visible.

"Cramps, hm?"

I smiled brightly at him. "Thank you!" Without thinking much, I jumped up and attacked him with a hug.

He snickered while putting a hand on the back of my head during the hug. "Quinn?"

"Hm?"

"So I—."

My phone went off. Stupid thing.

"Sorry." I muttered and picked up without looking.

Apparently I did not learn from my mistakes.

Three seconds later I was on the phone with Aiden, and he already sounded pissed.

The color drained away from my face. I got off the couch and walked a few feet away from everyone, sitting down on the ground, badly hoping they wouldn't hear it.

"Give me fucking money." He said. "I've been waiting and waiting for that, Quinn. Not just now, but since the moment your left me with your dumb head." A pause. "You spent my money, and I want it back. Now." I didn't get the chance to reply. "For three years I bought you clothes, products, and food. I want the money back."

My hands were already shaking from these statements and threats. "No. No, no. That's not true." I lowered my voice so no one would hear. "I bought things for us with my own money too. We divided the prices and—."

"Give me my damn money!" He was yelling at me now, frustrated. I flinched, even though it was just on the phone and I was aware he couldn't hit me. "At least three thousands dollars. You better pay me a part of it today."

"But—."

"I'm not done yet." He continued. "Because I know you ain't gonna give me that money just because I told you to. Remember this, Quinn. I know when you're going to Greece. I know that Minho's your friend. I know nearly everything about Minho. I know where your apartment in the US was. I know that you work in that cafe." A long silence.

I was frozen. My mouth half open and tears forming in my eyes. At this point, there was nothing I could do about this problem.

"And you know what I also know, Quinn?" He talked quieter. "I know that a certain friend of mine hired a holiday house just a mile away from the house I currently live in with a few others."

My chest tightened. I was getting dizzy. Had a fuzzy brain.

"I know that, Quinn, I know that he's happy to visit his long distance friend after a very long time. I know he asked me if he could bring his friends over to my house, too. And I said yes." He threatened slowly... scarily. "I said yes and you want to know what else he told me...? That I'm welcome to stay in his holiday house as long as I would like... you know, to catch up with his life... and the people in it."