067

S I X T Y - S E V E N
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

At 10 a.m., the doorbell rang.

Thomas's parents would bring Nari over. Minho had been jumping from place to place early that morning already. He was, unsurprisingly, very excited to see his little sister again, which to me was the cutest thing ever.

He rushed to the door to open it, I waited behind him, in the giant hallway. Three figures stood in front of Minho, and there was a high-pitched yelp.

"Minnie!"
Minho scooped the little girl up in his arms and hugged her tightly. I only saw her tiny legs wrap around his waist, and her arms cling around his neck. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too." The happiness was dripping off Minho's voice. "How was it here? Without that really cool brother of yours?"

"Boring." A dramatic sigh. "But it was a lot of fun at Thomas's house. Noah taught me police basics and I baked cookies with Claudia!"

"Oh, really?" Minho gasped. "Should I be scared?"

The cutest laugh I ever heard. "No, silly!"

"You know what I did on my holiday?" Minho mysteriously asked.

"Well...?"

"I scored the most beautiful, kind, and amazing woman you can think of! And guess what?"

"What?" Another cute, excited laugh.

"I brought her here. And she's really excited to meet you. So..." Minho put Nari down on the ground and stepped aside, motioning at me. "Nari, that's my girlfriend Quinn. Girlfriend Quinn, that's my little sister Nari."

In front of me stood a small girl. Her dark, shiny hair came past her waist. Big doe eyes watched me as her mouth fell open. She leaned in and whispered to Minho, "Is she a princess?"

Minho threw his head back from laughing. "Does she look like one to you?" He whispered.

"Yes." She whispered back before turning to me and formally holding out her hand. "I'm Nari!"

I bent down to reach her tiny hand. "I'm Quinn." I smiled at her excitement. "And I thought you were a princess!"

She bursted out into giggles. "Approved!"

My smile brightened and a relief washed over me. Minho turned to talk to Thomas's parents and politely thanked them for watching Nari. Then we went inside to eat a late breakfast.

"Thomas grew a lot in those weeks, Minnie." Nari announced as she got put down on a chair by her brother. "And he listened to all my stories last night!"

"Mhm." Minho hummed. "What do my girls like? Eggs, pancakes, bread, croissants...?"

"Croissants!"

Minho put those and other bread on the table before he sat down himself. Tried reaching out to help Nari put jam on her croissant, but she claimed that she could do it herself.

"I got to sleep in Thomas's room, you know?" She said. "And last night too. Thomas didn't mind, he said. He hugged me to sleep!"