060

S I X T Y
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

The trip to Greece on a boat was the worst.

All those weeks I had thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I had tried not to think about it and would you see how it would go, but now, on our way...? I felt like throwing up. And not from seasickness.

My stomach did flips each time someone mentioned the plans we had. I froze when anyone touched me and kept flinching at the slightest movements. I bit my lip until I tasted blood in my mouth. Tried to calm myself down and made up plans in my head. Pretending to be sick, staying in a room... but if Aiden was capable of drugging me, it was clear he wouldn't let me get out of it so fast.

I was so, so afraid.

And now Minho was laughing and telling about how excited he was to reunite with his friends. It only made things worse. He seemed so happy I couldn't allow myself to even mention one bad thing about Aiden. It would ruin Minho.

Minho's phone went off. He picked up, greeting with a, "Hey." Then, "Yeah, we're on our way." A pause. "Today? Nah, we have to unpack. Sorry, man. Tomorrow will be better. Yeah? Awesome."

He continued speaking to who I assumed was Aiden as I stared out of the window, watching the sea hit the boat at the side and birds fly over the water.

It was hot outside, the sun even heating Thomas and I up through the window. My knees were pulled up to my chest and my chin rested on them. I spent the whole route just like that.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

We had a nice little house in Greece. It was bigger and fancier than in Spain, but still just one floor. On the outside it was white, big windows showing half of the inside already. In the back was a blue, giant pool. Tables, relax chairs, and a bar were stalled next to it.

The inside was just as big as it seemed. A living room with a couch we could all fit on, a table that was also big enough for us all, multiple bathrooms, and a bedroom Minho and I decided to share.

That was the least comfort I got.

Minho was still excited when we ate some leftovers that night. He was telling the plans, actually. "So tomorrow we're invited to my friends and—."

"Newt and I are still your best friends, right?" Thomas interrupted.

"Yes, you are." Minho sighed. "Anyway. Their house is like a mile away from here. We go there, chill a bit, and then go back. Next day, they'll be coming here. We can go swimming in the pool. Aiden will bring—."

My ability to hear disappeared when that name was pronounced loud and clear. Minho didn't stop explaining, and no one stopped listening. They didn't notice me tense, luckily.

"Sorry. I'm going to the bathroom." I mumbled when Thomas started asking stuff about Minho's friends and he answered in a lot of details, even describing how he became friends with Aiden and everyone else.

I nearly took ahold of the wall when I arrived, the mirror signing me that I looked overwhelmed enough for everyone else to notice. I fixed my hair and rubbed away forming tears in my eyes, then spent a few minutes lost in my own thoughts until Thomas told me they had ice cream as dinner.

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

"Jack, Leo, and, Kay are coming over tonight." He told me. I sat on the couch, he stood next to it. "We're gonna do some video games."

"Nice." I said, even though I knew for sure I didn't enjoy any of those boys their company.

"I was wondering if you could make dinner for five people tonight?" He touched my shoulder. "Do we have enough ingredients?"

"Yeah, I think we do. Pasta?"

"Sure. Thanks." Aiden sat down next to me, unusually happy. "Hey." His fingers intertwined with mine. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay." I replied. "I should've cooperated."

"Show me." He straightened his back. I lay down on the couch and lifted my shirt up slightly, and my pants down just a little bit.

His hands were printed onto my hips in a blue color.

"Oh, shit." Aiden touched the bruises slightly, a shiver going down my spine at it. "I didn't know it would be that bad. I'm so sorry, darling. I promise I won't do it again."

"It's okay." I repeated. "Can you please just get some of that numbing gel?"

He nodded and went to get the bottle just to spread the gel on my hips. It cooled the aching down and in less than an hour my hips were supposed to feel number.

"Do you want to visit your mom tonight?" The question came out of nowhere.

Surprised, I looked at him. "I can?"

"Yeah. I'm with the boys anyway. Feel free to go." He nodded, for the first time allowing me to visit my mom without me having to ask first.

"Can I really? Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Thank you!" I hugged him tightly, and for a reason I should've realized was stupid.