026

T W E N T Y - S I X
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Again, I woke up with a hurting head, though this time it wasn't as bad. I felt tired, but also felt like getting up, somehow, so I did, finding myself in the same place as last night; the couch.

Eyes fell on me. Newt was sitting in a comfy chair, his eyes still staring at me and Thomas, who sat next to me, angrily.

And holy shit.

Minho stood by the door, wearing a compression shirt. A compression one!

It flexed all the muscles on his torso, especially his chest and what looked like a forming six-pack, as if he was training on it. Probably.

His face was glowing from sweat, a slight blush on his cheeks. Breaths heavy and a water bottle in his hands. He must've gotten back from his run just then.

"Good morning." Thomas yawned, stretching his arms widely. "I got a nice night of sleep."

"Mhm." I nodded. "Yesterday was such a relaxing day, too."

"Definitely."

Minho folded his arms. It nearly made my eyes widen from... shock. He looked so good. Biceps tensed, so turned even bigger. "Thomas, before I go shower—."

"You want to invite Quinn over." The brunette finished. A long silence fell as my face turned bright red. "No? Oh."

"Before I go shower, I was wondering if you would mind going on a quick walk with me." He said, triumphant.

I pressed my lips together, knowing this would maybe be Thomas' death. The boy stared at Minho, both enjoyment and fear forming in his eyes.

"Can I take Quinn with—."

"No."

"What about—."

"Just the two of us." Minho tilted his head.

He turned away from Minho. "Pass."

"Thomas." Oh, lord.

"Right." While coughing, Thomas followed Minho outside. And I was left alone with Newt.

"Uh, morning." I managed an awkward smile. He didn't smile and stared back, both cold and angry. "Ah, come on! We were just sneaking out! No need to overreact like this."

He raised an eyebrow. "I don't think we're overreacting much. I think, that you two bastards should listen for once. And not sneak out in the middle of the night. We're in an unfamiliar place! Who knows what they might put in your drinks? That kidnap joke? Not funny. Really. Not funny."

I swallowed, feeling bad but also not at once. I was free now. I got that maybe they weren't trying to control me, but this was the moment I had been waiting for. That no one would be telling me what to do or to wear. Or anything beside that.

Because if I would ever get with Minho, that freeness would be over. If would even get together, then.

"You got arrested!" He moved up from his chair, which almost caused me to flinch. "You didn't get a punishment, but still, you got arrested because you were at a party where they were dealing whatever kind of illegal crap they had!"

I did certainly not know about that.

"Imagine you got it shoved in your hands. You would be forced to take it, maybe! Ended up in the hospital... whatever!" A pause. "Look, Quinn. I get that it might be fun and all, but don't do it again. Just don't!"

My eyes were closed and I hadn't even noticed. Before I could control it, the words flowed out of my mouth in more of a shaky tone, as I opened my eyes.
"Please don't yell at me."

Newt stopped moving his hands around. He watched me for a few seconds, then lowered his arms. "Sorry." He seemed to understand my request. Somehow, he seemed to understand. "Sorry."

"Thank you." I stared at the ground, ashamed I was the kind of person to get tears in the eyes when someone yelled.

"Just please don't do it again, Quinn. You're giving me bloody heart attacks every time." He sat back down. "Got that?"

"Got it."

"Nice." He rubbed his chin, staring into the distance. "We wanna go shopping today. And visit the Berlin Wall. Will you join?"

"Yeah, of course." I forced a smile that soon turned real. "Breakfast first?"

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Thomas somehow managed to stay alive during his talk with Minho and came back in the hotel with a pale, yet a little cheerful face.

Immediately I asked him what Minho had told him, but he wouldn't tell me and just shrugged a bit, muttering 'angry'.

Soon we were walking through the busy streets, constantly separating because of people moving in our way. I wore the black turtle neck with a brown skirt, ponytail in my hair, and my old sneakers covering my feet. Perfect.

"Oh my god." Thomas stopped moving. Winston almost bumped into him. "I see a Haribo store. Can we go in there? Pleaseee!"

"At the end." Newt promised. "I've already told Sonya and Harriet we could to H&M, and Aris and Winston to the Lego store."

Thomas sighed, but agreed and continued his walk in the front of the group. I walked in silence, not having the urge to talk until we arrived in front of the H&M.

"Well, have fun... whoever is going in there." Newt held his hands up. "I'm not buying anything there."

"I'll come with you! Can we go to Haribo in the meanwhile?" Thomas begged as all the boys joined Newt.

A smile was on my face at his behavior. The other girls were impatiently waiting to go into the store. And Minho moved closer without anyone but me noticing it, slightly towering over me again.

"Hold out your hand." He said quietly.

Confused, I obeyed.

He closed my fist around something. Money. Again.

"I can't take this from y—."

"Buy something nice." He smiled teasingly and winked.

I got the joke. Played along and grinned at him. "So you can take it off of me?"

"Bingo." He clicked with his tongue, then followed the boys away.

When I turned around, I was screaming on the inside. Partly because I could never tell if he was joking when he said things like this, and partly because I told him this weird ass, flirty thing in public.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

A/n: Sorry that this is quite short and maybe boring! I feel like it's boring, at least. I only planned out the main and most important things, and not little chapters like this :)

So I feel bad to ask this because I should have a plot, but is there anything you think I could add? I'll give credits (and maybe add my own twist to it, aha). Just small ideas 💗

Sorry!! x Vera