017

S E V E N T E E N
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

"Y'all are the dumbest people I have ever shuckin' met." Minho grumbled at our friends the second we stepped out of the Uber.

Most were covered in mud, sweating, with broken bikes. What the hell could've gone so wrong when they were just biking?

"Please just let me sit in that Uber." Thomas groaned and jumped in, followed by the rest of us.

Small problem, the seats were divided in a way we were never able to fit in there normally.

We were with ten, and the Uber had nine seats. In the front were three seats where the driver sat. Winston and Aris managed to claim a place there. Then in the middle were five chairs. Two of them were across from the other three and leaned against the front ones.

Then in the back, weird, there was one single seat that seemed to be meant for a kid.

Everyone rushed to get a seat as fast as they could. I for once also managed to get one. Thomas ended up all the way in the back, and Sonya on Harriet's lap. The driver was nice enough to let us stay like this for a while.

I was squeezed between Frypan and Newt, suddenly quite small, after all.

"Wait. I have an idea." Thomas leaned forward to look at us. "Can we go eat something? I'm hungry as hell! Just a snackbar or something."

A thoughtful silence before, "Pannenkoeken." Minho said. "We can eat those. They're... basically thin pancakes, but not as thin as a wrap. Just as big as a wrap, though."

"Oeh, now that sounds good!" Thomas clapped his hands and made Winston tell the driver where to go.

"Actually," The male started in his extreme Dutch accent. "I've got a break in like ten minutes. I could wait for you all to come back as I get some food for myself. How does that sound?"

"Goed." Said Minho. "Very good. I'll pay extra."

Frypan was whispering something to Newt in the mean while. I looked up with big, confused eyes. "Watcha talking about?"

"Nothing too interesting for you." I received a smile full of mischief from Frypan. Newt was smiling deeply, too.

Twenty minutes later we jumped out of the hot Uber, since with that many people it got warm fast. The driver had parked us close to a 'pannenkoeken' restaurant, one he recommended.

Happily, we walked in, got welcomed nicely, then sat down at a long table. On the menu were dozens of different pannenkoeken. Some with apple, bacon, or cheese baked in it, some with sugar on top of it, some with cherries... anything you could think of was there.

I chose the most casual one. A pannenkoek with syrup and icing sugar. We made our orders, glad the people talked a bit English, and waited.

Again, Frypan and Newt were whispering, but this time to others, too. I frowned and crossed my arms, still wanting to know what was going on.

"What are they whispering about?" I asked Minho. He sat next to me, wearing a dark blue blouse with casual black pants.

He shrugged. "I don't know. I don't care."