022

T W E N T Y - T W O
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

A while later, Thomas and a few others had woken up too. Minho didn't, yet.

The brunette walked over to me and without saying a word to my face, dragged me out of the hotel room. "We're gonna get breakfast!" He shouted.

Suspicious, I followed. Thomas hadn't lied when he said we would get breakfast, because ten minutes later we sat on the main floor of the hotel, having breakfast at a small table for just two people.

"Good morning to you too." I exhaled. "What's up?"

"Well..." He lay his arms down on the table formally. "I can't just act like nothing happened after you ran away for almost two hours. I want to know what was going on."

Suddenly, I didn't really feel like having breakfast anymore.

"What?" I breathed, a panic rising in me. "I just needed... some fresh air... that's it."

"Hm, not so good of a liar." Thomas was being serious. I could see it by the way his eyes watched me and how he talked. "Alright. Starting off simple, who—."

"No one said I have to tell you. Privacy."

"I said you have to tell me, so you will." He shrugged. "Privacy or not, I'm worried. And not just about what happened yesterday... but almost every day you do or say certain things that make me rethink sometimes. So, starting off simple... who was that on the phone?"

"You can't just—."

"Who was that on the phone?"

"Thomas. No, I—."

"Who." He raised an eyebrow. "Was on." He pretended he had a phone to his ear. "The phone?"

I stared at him, he stared back. He stared back so long that at some point I had to avert my eyes.
"It was my ex." I admitted.

"Alright. Moving on, why was he calling you?" His other eyebrow raised too. "What did he want?"

I looked down. Thomas repeated his question over and over again until I got so sick of it, I answered. "He wanted money."

"And... you were upset about that? Why? Because you don't have the money? He's a creep? Both?"

I rubbed my forehead. "I don't have the money."

"Oh, you can always stea—."

"We're talking about three thousand dollars here, Thomas! Not just ten dollars to buy drinks with! Three freaking thousand."

His mouth dropped open. "Okay... I did not know it was that bad. The hell did you do?"

"Nothing. We used to divide the money to buy things, but he had more money so obviously bought more, too. He told me I had to pay all he spent on me back."

"Hm. Then just don't pay him back. Does he know where you live?"

"Yeah... but I, uh... I moved." I lied, remembering I lost the apartment again.