031

T H I R T Y - O N E
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

We arrived at a club. Thomas could be found on the dance floor immediately, along with Harriet, Sonya, and Winston. Minho was buying drinks as Newt and I waited near the entrance. Aris and Teresa stood next to each other in a corner, quietly talking.

Newt forced me to promise not to throw up this time. I said I would consider it. Later, Minho came back with a few bottles of beer, probably. Or whatever alcoholic drink it was.

Minho leaned in to my ear. "Try not to pull Newt's pants off again."

The color drained away from my face.

My head snapped to the boy. "What? I did... what?"

But the grin he had stuck on his lips betrayed it all. I rolled my eyes. Turned back to watch the people on the dance floor.

The club was crowded. On a higher stage stood the DJ, blasting music through big speakers. People were dancing as disco lights flashed over them. Drinks were shared and poured into mouths. It had quite the vibe.

"I bet standing in the corner was not what you did when you and Thomas sneaked out." Minho turned his head to me, one arm folded over his chest, the other one holding a drink.

It took me everything not to stare at his bicep. Or face. Or literally just anything. Like his ring or bracelet he wore.

Sometimes I wondered if maybe he had a secret tattoo and— never mind.

"I danced." I replied. "But gotta drink some crap first. Otherwise... I don't know, just feels better. And the music here is mid."

"Hm." He took a sip of his drink. "We'll see."

A few seconds later, a very drunk boy came stumbling over to us. He looked about a year younger. Dark eyes and hair. Normal clothes, but nearly stumbling over his own ankles.

As he spoke, spit flew out of his mouth and the words mixed together, making it hard to understand what he was saying.

But he was looking at me. "Ain't that dress a little short for ya?"

Minho stiffened. He was about to step forward, until I talked back.

"Ahw, thanks. Pretty sure the designer used your dick as inspiration."

The boy's eyes opened the widest they could go. His mouth fell open, and slowly, he wandered off again.

Both Newt and Minho stared at me, face full of surprise. Minho had a hint of proudness in his eyes too. I chuckled and chugged the last bits of my drink down, quite pleased at my comeback.

"Now that's what I mean." Minho grinned. "Proud of you, Princess."

I did blush at that, quickly hiding half of my face by staring at Thomas dancing wildly again. I smiled at his moves.

"I'll be right back. Just a second." Minho muttered. He made his way to the crowd. When I couldn't see him anymore, I looked at Newt.

"So... very random question." I started. "Not specifically meaning anything, but uh, what do you think about Thomas?"

Triumphant, the blonde turned his head. His eyebrows furrowed for a second. Pulled a face as if I asked a very weird question. "Yeah, Thomas is cool."