023

T W E N T Y - T H R E E
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

That night, we joined a bus to drive all the way to Berlin, Germany's capital. It would take about seven hours to get there. We claimed the back of the bus, probably bothering the other people in the bus by our loud noises, but no one seemed to care.

Newt was explaining everything, as always. "We got a hotel, but this one doesn't have such big rooms. We got two. So we gotta split in two. Five and five."

"I call dibs on—."

"We're not calling dibs on anyone." Newt gave Thomas an offended glare. "Winston and I made groups. Thomas, Minho, Sonya, Harriet, and I will be going together. Quinn, Aris, Teresa, Fry, and Winston together."

"But I want to go with Quinn."
"But I want to go with Thomas."
We said in unison.

An awkward silence fell. Newt and Minho their eyes narrowed as Frypan raised an suspicious eyebrow.

"For..."

"Best friend stuff." I finished.

"Nothing else."

"No relationships."

"We promise."

Newt seemed more relaxed already, but still frowned. "You're gonna sneak out again, won't you?"

"I swear on my dog we won't." Thomas threw his hands in the air.

"You don't even have a dog."

He grinned. "Exactly."

"Don't sneak out again. All right? We'll go out with you sometime too, but we'll mention when we feel like doing that. Not just a day after we arrived in the bloody country!" Newt looked around in the group. "Yeah?"

"Yeah. Of course." We nodded deeply. "We... learned from last time."

"And don't have a death wish."

"Nope. And we didn't really enjoy puking."

"I did enjoy climbing the Eiffel Building."

"I really liked New York."

"But we won't do it again."

"Yep. True."

When they all turned away, Thomas winked at me. I grinned stupidly and jumped next to him as the others were pointing at a map or something.

"I swear to god— why do I stay with both Newt and Minho? Like, I love those dudes, but they're gonna stay up all night seeing if I sneak out!" He threw his head back.

"Hm." I pulled one knee up. "Just go for the run."

"Minho's faster than me." He sighed, then smirked. "I hope you will confirm he is. And soon!"

"Stop with this dirty things!" I gave him a push in the shoulder. "But you do get to stay with Newt. I bet he did that on purpose. He likes you!"