012

T W E L V E
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

I never told Minho I overheard his phone call the next day. And he pretended like it didn't happen.

He was his usual self, joking around and starting some arguments with everyone. I did feel a jolt of happiness hit me when I put on the clothes he bought for me, but after that I felt just as miserable as the night before.

I hadn't slept very long. Maybe three hours, but I could live on that. All I did was take a coffee at breakfast and it would be fixed.

So there we sat, at a long table with our plates in front of us. The next day we would already leave Norway. We decided to stay in the hotter countries the longest, so we could visit both cities and the beach there.

I ate in silence, for once not in the mood for jokes. Winston, who sat next to me, tapped on my shoulder, whispering, "You okay, Quinn?"

I smiled brightly at him. Yet fake. "Yeah. Thanks, Winston."

He nodded and continued nibbling on his croissant as I fidgeted with mine a bit. From under my eyelashes, I glanced at Minho.

He seemed to have made it up with Thomas and was now laughing with him. But his smile wasn't very bright. Actually, I had never seen him smile widely. In his eyes I could always see if it was real, though.

This time it was hard to tell, but it didn't seem as fake as mine. He was still holding up.

"So today we'll go on a bus tour through the mountains." Newt grabbed the attention again. "Just seeing some nature and everything. We'll pack our bags when we get back, because we're taking the night ferry."

Everyone nodded before they continued their own talks. I had lost count on how many times I secretly glared at Minho, but I did it again.

And caught him staring at me already. Then he turned away to continue eating.

Despite the fact that we were having breakfast, I couldn't help but to take out my phone when I hear a bleep, finding someone texted me.

Minho

Why's Quinn sad?

Why's Minho sad?

I ain't sad. But you are. What happened?

I glanced at him again, he glanced back. He never stopped until I broke the eye contact.

Nothing, just thinking

Hm

Don't hm me. And get manners, we're eating

I'm not the one that picked up the phone after hearing one little beep.

🖕

🖕🖕

I exhaled and put the thing back in my pocket.

He didn't even know me and already cared more than anyone ever did.

Then again, my phone made a noise. This time it actually went off, so all the eyes were on me. I grabbed it, which made my elbow accidentally knock over a glass of milk.