014

F O U R T E E N
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

We got safely out of the ferry, five cars already waiting for us. I had no idea how Minho managed to do that, but he did, somehow.

"Enjoy, you two!" Thomas blew a kiss to Teresa and Aris. "And also you two!" Another kiss for Minho and I.

I sighed and sat down. Again, it was a black Porsche. Maybe that business he worked in sold those...? I hadn't asked yet.

Minho drove in silence the first few minutes, one hand on the wheel and the other one hanging out of the window, his eyes on the road. He was driving fast, pressing the gas pedal harder a few times.

I tried my best to stare out of the window and not him and the stupid sunglasses he wore.

"You were quiet on the boat." He suddenly said, never making eye contact. "Suspiciously quiet."

Did he really have to notice that?

I already readjusted on my seat. "Was I?"

"Mhm." He scratched the back of his head. "Why were you?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. It's not like I'm sitting in silence on purpose."

"Did they make you uncomfortable with the comments?"

My heart made a jump thinking about those. "No. Didn't make me uncomfortable." A few seconds of silence and my face flicked bright red. "Not that I, uh, would want to do any of that... I don't know, stuff... with you. Or anyone." I stammered.

He laughed a genuine laugh, turning his face away from me slightly. And god,

He had dimples.

Minho, the tough, rich and cold guy, had dimples when he laughed. Not to mention his eyes also disappeared when he laughed like that. It nearly made me squeal.

"I hope they didn't make you uncomfortable." I added awkwardly.

"They didn't really."

"Okay. Good."

"Yeah."

Another silence where you could cut through the thick tension. I stared out of the window again, leaning my head on my own shoulder.

This kind of reminded me of the times I was in the car with Aiden. Sometimes he would drive so fast I had to yell at him to slow down before we would get in an accident.

My phone went off.

I sighed when I saw the title 'Unknown Number' and pressed the red button. Minho didn't say anything about it.

He called another time, and I had to decline another time. And another time, and another time.

"Shouldn't you pick up?" Minho eventually suggested, watching my phone for a split second.

I cleared my throat while shaking my head. "Unknown number."

"Could be an emergency. Maybe one of the Gladers lost their phone and—."