016

S I X T E E N
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

I woke up by Minho's voice again, but unlike the last time I did, he wasn't waking me up on purpose. I peeked through my eyelashes, finding him sitting on his bed with his phone to his ear. The rest of our group wasn't in the room.

I had no idea what time it was, but had the most horrible headache ever. As if someone was tightening a screw in my head.

Minho was too far away for me to hear the person on the other side of the phone, but his low voice was clearly hearable for me.

Not that I felt the need to overhear... but I did.

"No." Minho said. "I haven't done that, don't worry." 

"I'm in the Netherlands. Texted you that yesterday, Dad. Pay attention." He sighed.

Hearing that he was on the phone with his father again, genuinely hurt my heart. 

"I went on my run this morning." A long pause. "Yeah, I worked this morning, too." Another pause. "No, dad. I woke up at... four a.m. by a nice alarm screaming 'hello world'. At four thirty I worked, then went on my run. I can assure that everything is done well."

"But.. alright." Minho cleared his throat. "Look, I'm not gonna call much longer. Don't want to wake her up."

My heart started to pound in my chest when the attention, and probably his eyes, were drawn to me.

"What? No. No, no." Minho said fast. "We're all staying in one room, Dad. I'm not sleeping in one room with a girl, I swear." A few seconds of silence. "Dad, what the hell! No! She's not next to me, all right? I'm gonna tell you bye now. Still don't want to wake her up."

"So bye." He sighed lightly when a beep on his phone let both of us know his father hung up.

I didn't know if I was supposed to open my eyes now or keep pretending. All I knew was that I wasn't planning on staying like this much longer. About a minute of complete silence later, I was about to open my eyes, until the door to the hotel room slammed open.

"Holy shit! Minho, give me a painkiller!" Thomas made a dramatic entrance. "My head's exploding."

"Then maybe you shouldn't have gone out." The Asian snapped.

"Oh, I'm sorry I interrupted your morning mood. Happy as always, I see." The sound of Thomas opening a package. "She still asleep?"

A groan got out of Minho's mouth. "Your damn fault."

"Yo! I only asked if she was still asleep. I don't want to get blamed again."

"Should've thought of that a bit earlier." He sounded quite pissed. "Because holy shit, Thomas, I-"

"Still too sober for this." A plop that sounded like Thomas sitting down. "Minho, listen to me. Being protective for sure is a turn on, no lie, but too overprotective is-"

"I'm not being protective."

"Tell that to someone else." Thomas said, triumphant. "Just saying that maybe you should leave this to what it is and leave me alive."