041

F O R T Y - O N E
.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

I had tried to calm myself down, not to overthink and panic, and to get a glass of water, but what happened was I nearly got a panic attack, overthought every single thing that could happen once Minho came back, and almost dropped the glass of water because of my shaking hands.

It was almost completely dark in the hotel room by this time. Just a small light glowed a warm color in the corner of the room.

I was still so upset I had silent tears running down my cheeks when I sat on the couch, for some reason rereading Minho's note over and over again.

Then there was a sound at the door. I got a minor heart attack, lay down on the couch, and pretended to be asleep.

Someday I would maybe tell Minho what happened. But not this night. Not today. I would, as Thomas would say, tell him in less than a decade.

The door opened. Light even shined through my closed eyelids before it disappeared again. Footsteps wandering around the room as stuff got dropped down.

I swallowed. Tried to contain my breaths as best as possible, and relaxed my muscles.

A small breeze of someone, who I suppose was Minho, hit me; he was in front of me. Or rather, bent down so we were face-to-face. I felt his breaths on my face, tickling it slightly.

"Quinn?" A soft whisper. I didn't reply. He repeated my name a second time before whoosh, air of him getting up flew at me.

I let go of a breath when he walked away again. Then he came back, lying something down on me. A blanket.

I melted on the inside, happy he couldn't see the blush spreading on my cheeks.

Followed by that action, he gently took the sides of my head and lifted it up. Lay a pillow down under it.

God, this man was perfect!
"Good night, Princess." Another sweet whisper and— oh my god. A kiss on my forehead.

I could still feel his lips when he already walked away, and I wished to feel that all the time. My heart was beating so fast I was afraid he would hear it.

And eventually, I fell asleep.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

I woke up by a bright light, an immediate pain going through my body when I moved. My hand didn't feel broken, though, luckily. Just painful.

With a wince, I got up. The blanket still lay on top of me. That did make me smile.

"Hey."
My head shot up at Minho. He sat on the bed, clothes already on and hair styled. He wore a white button-up blouse with black pants... holy shit.

"Hey." I put on the fake, happy mask.

He stared at me for a while, eyes trailing over my face even from such a distance. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied as I stretched my back muscles. "You?"

"I'm fine, except I'm worried." He rubbed his chin. His eyebrows raised automatically as he got up to move closer.