Meeting Devil

Chapter 1

Meeting the Devil!

The Oriental train station is crowded today as soldiers are returning home. A young man steps out of the train, not searching for anyone, as he didn't announce his return after two years of service. He left college because he wanted to complete his army service first, as his uncle advised him that it would instill discipline for his future.

Like all soldiers, he wears an army outfit that accentuates his well-built body, with broad shoulders that effortlessly carry his heavy bag. His handsome face receives glares from shameless girls who can't help but stare at him. He winks at them, causing their faces to turn red as they shyly lower their heads. He's quite the natural flirt.

Walking proudly down the main street, his soldier hat falls off as it wasn't securely fixed on his shoulder. A young girl walking nearby sees it, picks it up, and chases after him.

"Soldier, wait!" she says. He stops and she catches up to him.

"I believe this is yours?!" she says, slightly out of breath.

"Yes, thank you, miss...," he replies.

"Sibel Kara!"

"Thank you again, Sibel!" he says, as she swiftly disappears before his piercing black eyes. He stands there for a while, watching as her figure becomes a mere shadow after she turns the corner. Something tells him that he will meet her again or that he will do anything to meet her again.

He is warmly welcomed home by his auntie and uncle, who are surprised because they were expecting him next week. He has three younger cousins named Melisa, Doğan, and Murat. His auntie is his mother's sister. He had come to their home after losing his parents, and they took him in.

His auntie is worried about his future as he will soon become the owner of a huge fortune.

"Have you decided what to do, my boy? Will you go to college or start working on the farm?" she asks.

"I plan to do both at the same time, auntie!"

"What do you think about marriage?!" interjects his uncle.

"I found my woman today! She is so beautiful that for a moment, I lost touch with reality, aunty."

"Does this fairy have a name?" asks his uncle curiously.

"Yes, Sibel Kara!"

"She is my friend, you creep!" shouts Melisa, who is sitting on a chair beside him.

"What do you mean she is your friend?!" he asks, genuinely curious.

"Well, I share my school bench with her. She's just 15, for God's sake!"

Hearing that age is like a cold shower for him, but there's something about Sibel that goes beyond her age. She seems more mature.

"Even if she were older, the Kara Family is bad news. They always bring trouble to people like us."

"Are they rich?" he asks.

"Have you been living in a cave, cousin? They own Oriental, so don't even think about her in any way possible, or you'll be thrown to their dogs!"

"We aren't so bad either. Soon, I'll have money, and with hard work, we'll be rich too."

"No, she's a teenager. Let her be in peace!" yells Melisa.

"I want her, and I'll do everything to have her. I'm only 20, not that old. I'll date her for three years until she finishes high school, and then I'll marry her!" he responds, raising his voice.

"Good luck with the proposal!" taunts Melisa.

"Melisa, go take your brothers. It's time to eat!"

"Yes, Mom!" she obeys reluctantly, moving away while throwing some daggers at her cousin.

Kara Family.

Sibel was talking on her phone when she received the news that made her bounce up and down.

"Yes, yes, yes! Finally, I got accepted!" she screamed as she turned off the phone.

"Why are you so enthusiastic, küçük?" her brother asked.

"I got accepted to Vienna's conservatoire. After 3 years, I sent in my application," she said, still bouncing with happiness.

"Congratulations! And give thanks to those who chose you so we can sleep peacefully for a couple of years," her brother said, leaving her room as she started running around.

"Sibel, how many times have I told you not to run like that? You're not a kid anymore, you're a young lady now!"

"Mum, why do you always scold me? I'm not running. I'm chasing Adem, who teased me upstairs."

"You're the only single one here. He has a wife who can reason with him!"

"Well, no man will make me obey him, like my yenge (sister-in-law) does with my brothers!" Sibel smirked towards her brother.

"This little one is stuck with us, Mum!" a young man appeared at the door, and she ran into his arms.

"Ismail bro, you came! Where is Hera, my sister-in-law?"

"She's coming up. She's brought gifts for everyone!"

"Well, don't get too emotional with Sibel, Ismail. Miss here won the Conservatory in Vienna! We're going to miss this troublemaker!" Adem said while playing with her hair, then gave her an emotional hug. Ismail joined them, putting their little one in the middle.

This news brought joy and tears, as it is the most incredible thing that has happened, but also worries because it's the first time she will be alone there.

***

🌹Sibel🌹

I couldn't sleep all night from excitement.

It's a dream that will soon become reality. Even though I have school and good friends here, I still want to go there. Oriental is not a place for girls like me. If I stay a bit longer, the vortex of marriage will catch me too, turning me into a lifeless woman. Although I belong to the Kara family, and my father has given me more freedom than any other girls here, I still can't risk staying.

Lost in thought and not seeing the road, I bumped into a person on my way to school. This would be my last time going there as I'll be flying away soon.

"Sorry!" I said to the person without looking, then raised my eyes to see him again. His dark eyes pierced my soul, but not in a good way. I felt a shiver run through my body, even though it was a sunny day.

"Miss Sibel, right!" he said, straightening his hand in front of me.

"Yes, soldier!" I nodded as I shook his hand. I feared that my delicate hand would be crushed by his giant one.

"Call me Sinbad! Sinbad Melekoglu!" he said, once I had safely retrieved my hand.

"Is the Melekoglu farm yours?" I wondered.

"Yes! You know it?!" he replied.

"Well, I know of it from the tragedies that have occurred there. I'm sorry for your loss! You must be their son!" I said, deeply touched because a woman died there with her husband, both burned.

"Yes, my family died there during that fire!"

"My sincere condolences!" I said, offering him a genuine hug. It must be terrible to lose your parents like that.

"Dostlar sağolsun!" he said, after we broke the hug. I could see tears in his eyes.

"I must leave now, I need to go to school!" I excused myself.

"Of course!" he nodded his head, flashing a genuine smile.

Each of them embarked on separate journeys, but this is merely the dawn of our tale.
________________________________________

What do you think about this first chapter, my lovely readers?

Don't forget to press the star button and let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Follow for more!