I knew it!

I knew it!

“What happened?” was his panicked voice.

“The glass got broken when I was washing it,” she responded, trying to hide her hand.

“Let me see it!” he demanded.

“It's nothing, Sinbad,” she said. Although she took his name and made his poor heart beat like a bell, he could see the pain in her eyes.

“Please, Sibel! I am not going to hurt you,” he pleaded, and she reluctantly gave him her hand.

Her hand was pouring blood, and it was her left one.

“Silly girl! Is this what you call nothing, Sibel?" He scolded her, holding anger and tenderness, "Come on, we need to go to the hospital; you might have cut a vein.”

“Really, it's nothing. No need to get serious over a simple thing. I'll wash it, and I'll be fine,” she tried to remove his hold on her arm.

“Sibel! You could die right now if this bleeding doesn’t stop!” he didn't let her go.

“Better for you then!” she retorted, not knowing how much she was hurting him.

He grabbed a napkin as soon as he saw her bloodshed, wrapping a smoothie around her wound. Not paying too much attention to her words, although they worked like venom for his wounded soul.

“We need to go now!” He hurried them out of the kitchen.

“Alright, but I need to check myself in the mirror first.”

“Why?”

“Well, you may have been nice last night, but I still have your marks. The last thing I want is for others to have the right to speak for me.”

“They are covered up by your dress, and its neckline has covered my marks too,” he said, eating by himself.

“My face isn't covered, so I need the big glasses that I have in my cupboard. Can you please go get them?”

“Of course! Sit down!”

He comes back quickly. She accepted his help to wear the glasses.

The car from last night was still parked there, and the driver was still inside. Looking at him, Sinbad motioned to get out as he placed Sibel safely in the passenger seat, then sat on the driver's seat. 

“Thank you, Sinbad!” Her melodic voice made his heartbeat accelerate faster. A little hope was born inside him as his thumb caressed her smooth skin and  than he took the road.

On the way to the hospital, she was losing her senses but still managed to whisper, "I knew it! Since the cursed night, that one day you're gonna send my dead body to the hospital."

He looked at her faint frame with her eyes almost shut down and those spectacles over her head that were falling on her left. The blood had soaked the napkin like the fear had consumed his heart.

“Don’t speak like that, Sibel!” he begged when her body fell limp on his shoulder.

“Sibel! Sibel!” he screamed her name but she didn’t respond.

“Sibel! Aşkım! Open your eyes for me!” he yelled, touching her cheek and looking at the road.

She didn’t react at all seemed like her soul was traveling away living a solo body.

He drove faster and arrived at the hospital in less time than required from his farm. He didn’t wait for the medics to come. He took her in his arms. She looked paler than before, he could not find her pulse when put it on the bed and her breath was fading away.

You know lately, she has only lost a considerable amount of blood all because of him.

Doctors took her from his arms and made him wait hours before giving any news.

The man was shattered looking at her blood that was glued to his hand and shirt like a reminder that he finally achieved his purpose. 

It was an accident, yet it looks like her words are coming to life.

What if she dies now?

The question haunted his conscience, he couldn't lose her like this. It was too early for her to leave, not before he made her happy.

“Sibel Melekoglu familiars!” the doctor said as he came before him.

“I am her husband! Tell me, is she alright?!”

“She had lost a lot of blood lately. Due to this, she lost consciousness, thankfully the cut wasn’t deep. She is receiving blood now. Take care of her. She needs to eat healthily to recuperate all her strength.”

“I will do anything for her to get well soon!” he solemnly promised.

“Yes, all say the same here! And the next time they come to the morgue side!” The doctor wasn't going to let him off easy.

“It was an accident! I swear!”

"I saw her body! All bruises and cuts. Man, stop doing that. I know I don’t have any right to intervene in your marriage, but the morgue of this hospital is full of women's bodies!" the doctor exclaimed, the last words.

He fell into silence as memories rushed to threaten his heart with painful pain. Because he wished for her death and forced her to endure that obscure curse. The curse felt real now; for a split second, his happiness waned as death almost embraced her soul.

“She is the love of my life. If one day she will be in that morgue, I will come after her, Doctor.” he spoke.

His words bore the truth of his being.

“Doctor, we need you at the emergency ward!” a nurse came in a hurry, interrupting them.

He entered her room, the nurse that was there told him they could leave when she feels better.

She woke up, batting her eyelashes adjusting to the sunlight that penetrated through the big window on her left. She raised herself on her elbows, but her cut hand gave her pain and he ran towards her.

"Easy! You have lost a lot of blood and need to lie down for now."

"You didn’t get released from me this time. Maybe next time," she chuckled as she poked his wound with her irony.

"Can we forget our past?" He sounded like he was begging for his life as the question reached her ear.

"Nope. Just because I'm being civilized doesn't mean I forgot your deeds."

Sinbad didn’t say anything more as her words were enough to shut him.

"I don’t like hospitals! Can we go now?!" she added after the silence was left to rule between them.

"Of course! Hold onto my arm!" he offered, but she pushed him.

"I don’t want your help!" She yelled and continued ordering, "Call a nurse and hire one to attend to me too!"

"As you wish," he bowed his head, not meeting her eyes that held nothing but hate towards him.

"You have found the truth." Her words froze him at the doorknob.

"No, I…I just gave up on my revenge due to all that happened." He lied, hiding himself from her curious stare.

"I told you once, I'd rather die than feel any affection toward a Devil like you!"

★/♥/✍ or follow

If you want more info, contact me on the links in my bio.

See you next update.