I am a woman

Chapter 25

As soon as he stopped the car, she burst out of it, practically ran to open the door, climbed the stairs in one breath just to enter her room, closing the door so he could not come in easily.

He followed her with the same speed. Heavily knocked on her door, but obviously she didn't open. He didn't request it twice, just smashed the door. She was waiting for him to do so because she was so calm and unwearied, waiting for his entrance in the middle of the room. 

The shade the sunlight created from her features fell over the sinful bed like a broken angel silhouette. 

Those walls were witnesses of his maltreatment that cursed night, obligating both of them on a journey of Punishment. That nightstand still held inside them the straps he used to tie her up in the other room. 

The wardrobe contained her innocent drops inside a trashy bag she chose to hold her dignity, along with his belt that was carelessly thrown by him unknowingly, had fallen over her innocence once again.

The mirror between the largest window had been a witness to her first slap and continued recording his abuse in silence. The sun, which touched the earth, had been powerless to stop the man from hurting her. Somehow, he felt ashamed of his power when he knew that in reality he wasn't powerful at all. Under his watch, heinous crimes are committed against those who are weak, poor, kids, or simply because they are women.

"Don't you ever dare to close your door again!" He yelled as his feet closed the distance, not tearing his eyes away from her fearless gaze, yet she showed zero emotion. The room felt empty in their presence, no object could hold their attention as the battle of unspoken words had begun.

"What are you gonna do, Sinbad, if I close it again and again and again…" She responded calmly, walking towards him with her arms crossed over her chest, showing a supreme attitude as she was no longer the victim of circumstances.

"You know well what I can do to you!" He smacked the table near the mirror, making her flinch just like the vase on it did.

"Then do it now," she retorted, keeping her gentle voice as she didn't move from her place that was one step away from him. Her right hand rose up, fixing her eyebrows ever so unflappably in response to his behavior.

He grabbed her hand and she immediately changed, removing her hand from his hold and pushing it towards his chest with all the force she could muster at the time. She kept charging her hands on his chest like a defibrillator until he caught them, spinning her around. Her back pressed against the balcony door, her hands above her head being held by him. Sensing her injuries, he softened his grip to avoid hurting her further.

"Why did you do that madness?" His pleading voice betrayed his angry heart, and his eyes gave away the tears he was holding back. She could feel his warmth emanating from his whole being, which only repulsed her further due to his past sins.

"You know why I did it." She wiggled in his arms and chest, searching for the freedom that he was once again forbidding.

"It has been 3 weeks since I did those horrible things to you. Let it go, please. Let me make you happy. Give me that chance." He pleaded, holding her face with his hands. She hated his proximity; he never respected her words or her wishes and now expected her to let go so easily.

Not an ounce of mercy was in her ink eyes for his tears when she grabbed his hands and put them on her throat.

"Your hands look better when they stroke my neck like you used to do." She said, putting pressure on his hands, but he quickly removed them. Her next move shocked him. She tore off the neck bandage and blood poured out. There were circular cuts resembling his fingers. His eyes almost popped with realization that her scars represented his awful touches.