The Helpless Hill

The Helpless Hill

The engine of his automobile was burning diesel as his conscience ate at his soul.

Above, the sky resembled his tempestuous mind as thunder echoed outside. Cars drove away to escape the thunderstorm and people ran from one place to another, seeking shelter from the unrelenting rain.

He was thrown into Hell for three years and emerged as The Ruthless. His vicious hatred towards her grew, much like roses in the desert. To him, she was not just a little girl, but a Devil in disguise.

Despite everything that happened during their engagement, she had hoped that he would at least give her time to get used to the idea of being married and respect her voice.

However, he did not give her time or respect.

Sinbad had known enough men in prison who had done unspeakable things to their women and still felt pride. Not a single one of them showed any remorse for their actions. They would beat, slap, and force themselves on their women, yet their women would still come to visit them, maintaining their intimacy. These men were not imprisoned for crimes against women, but for breaking the law through drug trafficking, robbery, and other offenses.

Sinbad thought that if he treated her ruthlessly as well, she would obey his needs and become a typical Oriental wife.

But how wrong he was.

Sibel was and would never be like those women who submitted themselves to men, whether they be husbands, brothers, or even fathers.

Sibel wanted her freedom and she had obtained it, but he had taken it away from her in the cruelest manner possible.

Every torture he inflicted upon her body only broke her soul further.

Her words were prophetic. She had known this because she was born with the gift of insight and she  cast a curse upon him, unknowingly binding them together for eternity.

The people of the Orient believed in their specific religion, but the mysticism surrounding certain individuals like Sibel or Sanem made them bow in reverence.

Another thing he did not know about her was that Sibel could never lie, no matter the cost.

When she was seven years old, she had witnessed a murder and had pointed her finger at her father in front of the judge.

"My father killed that man!" she fearlessly declared, pointing her little finger at her dad. Her family was shocked to hear her speak so boldly, especially after they had told her to keep quiet.

"She is just a child!" their advocate argued.

"No, I am not a child. I saw my dad shoot that man! Dad, tell them I am not lying!" Tears welled up in her eyes as she left her place and wrapped herself around her father's leg.

"You can't lie, even for me, melekım (my angel)!"

"If I lie, my stomach hurts. I feel like I'm dying until I reveal the truth. Don't you want me to live?!" she questioned, pouting her lower lip while resting her head on his knee.

Her father knew this about her. She never lied or hid the truth.

You may ask, rightfully so, whether she had experienced the same stomachache on the night she lied about being kissed by HAKAN.

Yes, she had felt it, but compared to the pain in her ribs, it felt like a mere tickle.

Sinbad's car came to a stop at Hopeless Hill, different from where he had met Hakan the day before.