Piano Tunes

Piano Tunes

Sibel sat behind the car with the nurse he hired for her. She never looked at him as all her focus was on the view that the window presented. The nurse was engulfed in their silence too, she could also feel their pain. She was thinking, rather doubting if he was the one who hurt her like that. Being at a young age, she had seen men's violence towards women, sisters, children, and even mothers. She would not be surprised if one of those scenarios was happening right now in that car. Yet, not wanting to disturb the silence, she kept her lips sealed.

Sinbad dropped them at the door and went away. Sibel let out a sigh watching him go.

"Did you marry him against your will?!" the nurse asked after helping her onto the bed.

"So obvious is my hatred toward him?!" Sibel replied, letting out a small chuckle.

"Did he do this to you?" the nurse asked, sitting in front of her.

"No, it was an accidental thing that happened this morning, my fault."

"He looked worried in the hallway waiting for Dr. Adil."

"It's all a facade! Believe me, under that facade of a good, caring husband lies a devil," anger and disgust filled her voice as she replied.

"Ma'am, you take a rest as I prepare the lunch as per the doctor's instructions." The nurse took her leave, but her voice stopped.

"Don't let me be alone with him! Don't let him help me!" Sibel pleaded.

"I will never let him do that, ma'am!" she said and covered her up.

When Sibel woke up, she ate her meal that tasted like hospital food, but didn't complain. The nurse ate it too to not let her suffer alone. Sibel tried to work around, but the nurse didn't let her.

"Sibel Hanım, you can't work with that hand, at least not for 7 days."

"He will not let me rest for 7 days," she thought.

"I will not use this hand at all!" Sibel insisted.

"Ma'am, sit down, watch a movie, or read a book, but you can't work!" The nurse was more stubborn than her, letting Sibel surrender.

The nurse looked a bit younger than Sibel because it was her first year at the hospital. Nonetheless, she looked cute with her deep dimpled cheeks.

Whenever Sibel looks at her, she can't stop her heart from envying her. Having the same age, yet she already looks like she has reached her thirties, all contrary to the young woman in front of her.

At midnight, he came to see her, who is more beautiful than the moon in the sky. She was lying in bed. Her head wasn't well-placed and a light snore came from her. He smiled, fixing her pillow, but she woke up all panicked, watching him there so close.

"I am sorry! I didn't want to wake you up! I was just checking on you!" He stepped back immediately, apologizing.

"Relax, rapist, you're going to have your chance to end my life." Her words hurt him; he wasn't doing anything bad and still got scolded.

"Well, I thought to let you sleep alone, but your tongue convinced me otherwise." He teased and lay next to her, removing his flip-flop slippers.

She turned her back to him but was forced to face him.

"If you want my caring Sinbad, leave at this moment or I prefer to hurt myself rather than being in your arms. You choose!" She asserted after fighting a bit with him for her sleeping way.