Chapter 10: Our Happiness

Zee was looking out the window of his younger sister's treatment room, Tu. It has been two days since the night of the accident that befell them. Because of this, Zee has not been able to return to Dubai until his younger sister wakes up. A while ago, he had just met the doctor who had been treating his sister. His conversation with the doctor earlier left him speechless.

Flashback ...

Zee stepped into the room of the doctor who was treating his sister. Before entering, he managed to knock on the door first and then stepped inside as soon as he heard the doctor's voice, allowing him to enter. Zee gave the doctor a sweet smile as he sat on the chair facing the doctor. The doctor looked at Zee.

Doctor: Tu Tontawan, 18 years old. She's your younger sister, right ?
Zee: Yes, doctor.
Doctor: So, is she still in school?
Zee: Yes, doctor. This year should be her last year in high school.
Doctor: Really ?
Zee: Krub.

The doctor sighed as he looked at his computer screen. Zee started to feel nervous.
Zee: Why ? What with that sighed ?
Doctor: He is too young to bear all this.
Zee: What do you mean ?
Doctor: He was paralyzed as a result of the accident.
Zee: Does that mean he can't walk forever?
Doctor: Yes.
Zee: What ?
Doctor: This paralyze called paraplegia. It means that your younger sister is being paralyzed from the waist down. 
Zee: Can she walk again ?
Doctor: I'm so sorry but she can't be cured. 
Zee: Oh God ....

End of flashback ...

 Zee's feelings were mixed then. All happened in just one night. Both his parents have died and now his younger brother is paralyzed due to the accident. It all happened because of Nunew's careless attitude with drunk driving.

"Look what you have done, Nunew."

Zee take a deep breath while while pulling his hair back.

"P'Zee ... ?"

Zee then turned towards the back as soon as he heard someone's voice calling him softly. Zee was shocked as soon as he saw his sister looking at him. Tu has woken up after being unconscious for a long time. Without wasting time, Zee then walked towards his sister.

Zee then sat on the bed next to the bed. He grabbed Tu's right hand and held it tightly and kissed it warmly. His eyes did not escape from looking at Tu's face.
Zee: Tu ... are you okay ?
Tu: I'm okay, P'Zee. 

Zee moved closer to Tu. Without waiting any longer, he then gently kissed Tu's forehead while gently stroking his sister's right hand. Then, he saw Tu looking at the wheelchair that was in front of his bed. 
Tu: P'Zee ...
Zee: Hmm ?
Tu: I want to go to the toilet.
Zee: Hmm ?
Tu: Please bring me that wheelchair. I can't walk by myself.
Zee: Hmm ? Tu ... ? Wait ...
Tu: P'Zee, I can't take this anymore. Can you help me to bring the wheelchair here ? I need to go to the toilet.
Zee: Wait ...

Zee was still silent. He seemed to be processing the words that came out of his sister's mouth. How did Tu know that she could not walk? Didn't you just wake up after being unconscious for days? What is happening now? He was confused.

Feeling still confused, Zee then got up from his chair and walked towards the wheelchair and pushed it closer to Tu's bed. Without wasting time, he then helped his younger sister to sit on the wheelchair. Without saying much, he then pushed the wheelchair towards the toilet in the room. Zee just waits outside because he knows the toilet is only for people like Tu.

"P'Zee !!!"

Zee then approached the door as soon as he heard his sister calling him.
Zee: Yes, Tu ?
Tu: I'm done. Can you please open the door for me ?
Zee: Okay, wait naa ...

Zee then gently pushed the toilet door and smiled as soon as he saw his sister's face. Then, he pushed the wheelchair towards the bed. He helped his sister to lie on the bed. When Zee wanted to put Tu on the bed again, Tu suddenly looked at Zee's face making Zee stop and look at his sister's face.
Tu: P'Zee ...
Zee: Hmm ? Do you need anything ?
Tu: I want to go to the outside. 
Zee: Outside ?
Tu: I heard there is a park in this hospital.
Zee: Right now ?
Tu: Yes, phi.
Zee: No, you can't. The doctor need to check your condition first because you just woke up after more than 2 days.
Tu: The doctor did check me up 2 days ago.
Zee: What do you mean ?
Tu: Can we talk at the outside ?
Zee: Yeah, sure.

Zee just followed Tu's words. Without waiting any longer, he pushed the wheelchair out of Tu's treatment room. Zee pushed the wheelchair towards the garden at the back of the hospital. Throughout the journey, Tu just kept quiet. He doesn't talk as much as before. Zee just watched even though there were many questions in his mind at that time.

After a few minutes, they finally arrived at the park. There are many people visiting the park. Some come to eat while enjoying the atmosphere and some come to spend time with their family members. Zee slowly pushed the wheelchair towards a large dim tree. There is a long bench under the tree. Without wasting time, he then placed the wheelchair next to the bench and sat on the bench next to Tu.

They were both silent for a moment. Tu looked at his brother's face.
Tu: Why are you still here ?
Zee: What do you mean ?
Tu: Aren't you supposed to be in Dubai now? Your registration day will be in 2 days, right ?
Zee: I will go when you woke up.
Tu: I already woke up. 
Zee: Tu ? What does this mean ?
Tu: You can go now, phi. It's time for you to go and come back when you get your Master certificate.
Zee: ...
Tu: You make a promised with Pa and Ma. You said you will come back with your Master certificate and change our life. 
Zee: ....
Tu: Even they are not here, I'm sure they are waiting for you to change our life.

Zee then looked at Tu's face as soon as he heard Tu's words. He looked into Tu's eyes.
Zee: Wait ... you ...
Tu: I know, phi. They leave us .... forever. Am I right ?
Zee: How did you know ?
Tu: Actually, I was conscious 2 days ago, but I asked the doctor to keep this as a secret from you. I needed time to be alone after finding out that I was paralyzed.
Zee: But still ... you need to let me know. You know that I'm worried about you ? 
Tu: I just can't accept this, phi. I need time to process all of this. I need time ...

After a long time restraining herself from crying, Tu finally shed her tears. Everything that happened shocked him. Without wasting time, Zee got up and hugged his sister's body tightly while gently stroking Tu's back.
Zee: So, you already knew about all of this before ?
Tu: Yes, phi.
Zee: I'm so sorry, Tu. I'm sorry I can't taking care of all of you. I'm not a good brother.
Tu: ...
Zee: I'm so sorry that you need to been through all of this at this age. 

Zee could feel Tu tighten his arms around Zee's body. He knew his sister must be very sad. Tu is too young to face all these burdens. She was too early to witness all this sadness.
Tu: That person is too cruel to us, phi. Why did he took away our happiness ? 

Zee was silent. He tightened his arms and said in his heart, "I don't even know why it must be Nunew, the one who did this to us."

Author's note: How was this part ? Did you guys enjoying it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you !!!