Chapter 50: Bloody Wedding

"Nhu !!!"

Suddenly Nunew was surprised when he heard Zee calling his name very loudly even though they were side by side. It was even more surprising when he felt like Zee's hands gently pulled his waist and Zee hugged his body tightly.

Pang !!! Pang !!! Pang !!! 

Suddenly a loud gunshot caused all the guests who came there to start running and rioting. Nunew raised his head and he looked at Zee who was hugging him tightly at the time. Nunew's hand, which was also hugging Zee's body, felt like there was a sticky liquid. Without wasting time, he then pulled his hand and he saw that there was red blood on his hand.

"Hia ... "

Zee looked at Nunew's face and Nunew started to panic. Nunew was speechless as soon as Zee fell on their wedding altar. Zee lay on Nunew's lap looking at his face. Nunew could see Zee's face that was holding back the pain. Tears fell down his cheeks. His hand began to caress Zee's cheek gently.
Nunew: Hia ...
Zee: Nhu ... I love you naa ... I love you so much. 
Nunew: No .... Hia ... please ...
Zee: I'm so sorry if I ever makes you mad or lying to you but believe me ... I did it for the sake of us. Remember ... I will always love you.
Nunew: ...
Zee: I'm so sorry if I can't be the best husband for you but you will be my last husband in this world. I would never love others like the way I love you, Nhu.
Nunew: Hia ... no ... please ... I need you naa ...
Zee: Nhu ... If I knew this gonna happened, I would have propose to you 3 years ago and we can live as a husband for a long time ago.

"Ambulance is here !!!"

Nunew looked at Zee's face. His cries grew louder as he saw Zee's eyelids begin to weaken. Zee smiled looking at Nunew then he said, "Don't cry, Nhu. Please give me your smile. Today is our important day na ... so you need to be happy. Okay ?"

the ambulance arrived and some people came to approach the two of them who were on the wedding altar. People started preparing stretchers to lift Zee and take him to the hospital. Nunew just watched Zee who was being lifted up on the stretcher. Then, he approached Zee and tightly grasped Zee's right hand.

Zee looked into Nunew's eyes and said, "I love you, Nhu."

... and that is the last word from Zee before he closed both of his eyes.

"NO !!! HIA !!! DON'T LEAVE ME, HIA !!! I CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT YOU !!!

People started stepping out of the place to take Zee to the hospital. Nunew who saw Zee moving away started running to catch up. The tears that fell down his cheeks became stronger. His knees felt very weak but he wanted to catch up with Zee. He didn't want Zee to leave him forever.

Cooheart and Gun saw Nunew's condition and ran to find their friend. They both then pulled Nunew's hands.
Gun: Nunew ... calm down.
Nunew: Hia ... he's leave ... I need to go with him.
Gun: Nunew ... please be calm down. They are taking him to the hospital.
Nunew: I want to go with him.
Cooheart: We can go after this. 
Nunew: I want ... to ... 

Suddenly Nunew fell on the sand. He was unable to stand.
Nunew: Why did he got the shot instead of me ? And who the fuck is bringing gun to my wedding ?

Nunew raised his head and he looked around. His eyes suddenly focused on Tu who was on his wheelchair while holding a gun on his right hand. There were two policemen with him at the time. Without wasting time, Nunew got up and ran towards Tu. Gun and Cooheart then followed Nunew's steps.

Nunew looked at Tu.
Nunew: YOU !!! WHY DID YOU SHOT YOUR OWN BROTHER ? YOU WANT TO KILL HIM ? HUH ?
Tu: No ... it was not me.
Nunew: It was not you ? Are you stupid ? You are holding a gun, Tu. 
Tu: I swear ... it's not me. Why would I want to kill my own brother ?
Nunew: Put her in jail, police. She's a killer. 
Tu: Me ? A killer ?

Tu smirked and he looked at Nunew while saying, "Then, the both of us are the same."

At the hospital ...

Nunew stepped into Zee's ward room which was on the 3rd floor. Nunew walked towards the bed and unconsciously tears started to fall when he saw Zee's state at that time. Zee's chest is full of wire and his eyes are closed. Nunew sat on the chair next to Zee's bed. Then, took Zee's right hand and held it tightly.
Nunew: Hey, Hia ... how are you ?

Zee had actually just been operated on by the doctor. Doctors said that the shot almost hit his heart but luckily they were able to remove the gun bullet from his body. Nunew picked up Zee's right hand and brought it to his mouth. He kissed Zee's hand softly as he held back his sobs.
Nunew: Hia ... please wake up naa ... I miss you so much.
Zee: ...
Nunew: Why you ignore me ? Hmm ? You didn't miss me, Hia ?
Zee: ... 

Nunew cried loudly when he saw no reaction from Zee. He started clenching his fists and he started punching his chest.
Nunew: Why did it hurts so much ? 
Zee: ...
Nunew: Hia ... please wake up. I miss you ... I miss your voice. Your touch. Your smile. Your pretty eyes. Your laugh ... everything. I miss everything. 
Zee: ...
Nunew: You know what ? I've planned everything for us. I planned to do so many things with you during our honeymoon ... during our after-life marriage. I want to play all day with you. Going to grocery together, spend the whole weekend together, going on a long vacation but ... seems like I need to cancel the plan. 
Zee: ...
Nunew: When will you wake up ?
Zee: ...

Nunew looked at Zee's face and suddenly he remembered the conversation he had with the doctor earlier. Once again Nunew cried when he remembered it. Nunew lowered his head and he rested his head on Zee's hand.

Nunew caressing Zee's hand and said, "Doctor said you might be in a coma right now, Hia. What should I do ? How long will I need to wait ?'

Flashback ...

Nunew knocked on the door before stepping into the doctor's office room where Zee was operated on. After hearing the doctor tell him to come in, Nunew pushed the door slowly and entered. He walked over to the doctor and sat on the chair opposite him. The doctor gave Nunew a sweet smile.
Doctor: Sawadeekrub, Mr Chawarin Panich.
Nunew: Sawadeekrub, doctor. How was his condition ?
Doctor: Hmm ... it was critical. Luckily, he came to the hospital as soon as possible. If not ... 
Nunew: Thanks Lord, he's alive. Thank you, doctor.
Doctor: Most welcome, Nunew but I have a bed news for you.
Nunew: What is it ?
Doctor: We expect he won't wake up for now.
Nunew: What do you mean ?

The doctor sighed and said, "Your husband is coma, Nunew."

End of flashback ...

Nunew raised her head and she wiped her tears. He took a deep breath and looked at Zee's face while gently caressing her right cheek.
Nunew: I need to be strong, Hia so that you will wake up as soon as possible. You said I need to be happy, right ?
Zee: ...

Nunew smiled in fact Zee didn't see him and then he said, "I'm happy to wait for you because this is we called love. Love is waiting and I will never stop ... waiting for us to get back to each other's arms."

Unbeknownst to him, there was a pair of eyes watching him from behind the door. Fourth watched Nunew who was inside through the gap in the door. He sighed and left the place saying, "Damn, I failed again."

Author's note: How was this part ? Did you guys enjoying it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you !!!