Chapter 14: Unexpected Meeting

After a week ...

"OH SHIT !!!"

Zee couldn't sleep. He looked at the clock on his bedroom wall. It was 3 am but he wasn't able to sleep. He then got out of bed and walked into the kitchen. He took two cans of beer and stepped back into his bedroom. He went out to the balcony and sat on a bench.

Zee opened a can of beer and drank it and said, "This getting on my nerves. I can't even sleep cause thinking about this. Damn !"

Zee then took a deep breath and drank his beer. He opened a second can of beer and drank it. His head was spinning because what happened a week ago in the Bangkok hospital was busy attacking his mind.

Flashback ...

Zee is waiting for Bboun in the main lobby. He had been waiting for an hour but Bboun had not arrived either. Without wasting time, he then contacted Bboun. He tried three time to call but still no answer. Zee tried again and finally his call was picked up by Bboun.
Zee: Where are you ? It's been almost an hour I'm waiting for you.
Bboun: I'm so sorry, bro. I forgot to tell you but seems like we need to cancel our plan. I think you should go to the airport first and we will meet there.
Zee: What ?
Bboun: I'm sorry, Zee. There are so many things that I need to handle. We meet at the airport, okay ?
Zee: Okay, fine.
Bboun: See you later.

Zee then cut the line while sighing heavily. He then looked around to see if there was a taxi in the area. After searching, he finally saw a taxi that stopped in front of him. Without waiting any longer, he then stepped towards the taxi.

"Hey, young man !!!"

Zee who was just about to step into the taxi then turned away as soon as he heard a voice calling his name. He was surprised as soon as he saw Mr.Perdpiriyawoong, Nunew's father. Nunew's father was seen approaching him with his 4 bodyguards.
Nunew's Pa: You are Zee, right ?
Zee: Yes, I am.
Nunew's Pa: Where are you going ?
Zee: Err ... I need to go to the airport because my flight to Dubai will be tonight at 10 pm.
Nunew's Pa: Can we have a talk ? 
Zee: Huh ?

Zee looked at the taxi driver who was waiting for him.

"It's okay. I will send him to the airport. You can go."

Without waiting any longer, the taxi driver drove his taxi out of the area. Zee looked at Nunew's father's face with a questioning look. What does his father want to talk about? And how did Nunew's father get to know him?

"Go take the car."

Nunew's father instructed one of his bodyguards to take the car. Without wasting time, his bodyguard then walked away to get the car. After 5 minutes, Zee could see a luxury car stop right in front of them. Zee looked at Nunew's father, and he invited him inside. The two of them then stepped into Nunew's father's car. After that, the car began to be driven out of the Bangkok hospital area.

"Didn't you wonder about my son's condition ?"

Again Zee was surprised. He wondered how Nunew's father knew him and what was the meaning of that question? Zee then looked at the face of Nunew's father who was next to him.
Zee: Do you mean Nunew ?
Nunew's Pa: Well ... he's my only son. 
Zee: I juts know that he woke up from coma. 
Nunew's Pa: He lost his memory cause of that incident. He doesn't remember anything and he doesn't even know his own father. He had suffered enough in a coma for a year and now he lost his memory as soon as he woke up. 
Zee: We both suffered, sir.
Nunew's Pa: What do you mean ?
Zee: Did you forgot your son killed both of my parents a year ago ?
Nunew's Pa: But it was a year ago and you should move on.
Zee: What ?

Zee felt like the words expressed by Nunew's father were quite rude. Nunew already drove drunk causing the death of both his parents and now Nunew's father says that he should move on? Move on so easily?
Zee: It's not that easy, sir. They are my parents and their loses gave a very deep feeling towards me.
Nunew's Pa: I know but past is past.
Zee: Sir ... 
Nunew's Pa: I spent all my budget to manage the deaths of your parents. At least I have lightened your burden because, at that time, you did not have a large amount of money. You are lucky because I have helped you.

Zee looked into Nunew's father eyes. 
Zee: Thank you but money is not the main thing here, sir.
Nunew's Pa: You will win if you have money, Zee. This is how world plays nowadays.
Zee: This is too much, sir. You look down on the death of my parents caused by your own son.
Nunew's Pa: What do you mean ? I'm talking about facts. Money can do everything. Oh ... for your information, I also paid for your sister's treatment for 3 months.
Zee: I don't need your money. I will pay for everything.
Nunew's Pa: Everything ? Are you sure ? 

Zee saw Nunew's father take out an iPad and open a file. Then, he gave the iPad to Zee. Without wasting time, Zee looked at the list in front of him. It was a list of the amount of money that had been used to manage the death of his parents and the costs for the treatment of his younger sister, Tu.
Zee: 66K ?
Nunew's father: Yes ... it was including your sister's treatment, her warded room for 3 months and for your parent's funeral. Oh ... by the way ...

Nunew's father then opened a file and showed it to Zee. Zee then read the opened letter.
Nunew's Pa: I paid your Master's fee too.
Zee: What ?
Nunew's Pa: So, total is 451K for 3 years.
Zee: WHAT ?! Sir, this is too much. I never ask this from you and I have my own scholarship. 
Nunew's Pa: I know but are you sure that you can pay back the scholarship when you are done with your master ?
Zee: You are looking down on me and my future, sir. This is too much.
Nunew's Pa: What do you mean ?
Zee: You know that I have nothing right now and you took advantage on me. You know that I don't have money to pay all of this. 
Nunew's Pa: I never ask you to pay me back.
Zee: You did so that's why you show me all of this list.
Nunew's Pa: I'm not saying anything because I know you can't pay me back.

Zee started to feel angry at Nunew's father's words. The rich man was very proud of the luxury and wealth he had. Zee begins to feel like he is being looked down upon as someone who comes from an ordinary family. He began to feel challenged.

"Sir, we are arrived at the airport."

Zee then gave the iPad back to Nunew's father and said, "I promise I will pay you back and let's see how the world plays."

End of flashback ...

Zee clenched his fists as he recalled the words Nunew's father had said a week ago. Nunew's father's words looked down on him. Nunew's actions and his father's arrogant attitude make Zee feel challenged and he wants to prove to them that he too can succeed.
Zee: I'm sorry, Nunew but this time I will put back my feelings toward you. I will show how the real world play as you broke my happiness too.

Zee stepped into his room then he walked towards his study table. He reached for a brown file and opened it. Then, he took out a piece of paper and looked at it. 

Zee then read the headline.

"Be the next leader."

Author's note: How was this part ? Did you guys enjoying it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you !!!