Chapter 16: What did I do ?

At Dubai ...

"Hey, little pretty."

Zee who was leaning on his car then walked up to a beautiful and cute little girl. Without wasting time, he then lifted Zara's body and hugged her tightly while gently stroking her head. Zee looked at Zara's face.
Zee: How are you ? 
Zara: I'm good, uncle.
Zee: Uncle ? Did you just called me uncle ?
Zara: A handsome uncle.
Zee: Whatever, Zara. By the way, you haven't eat your lunch ... am I right ?
Zara: Yes, uncle. 
Zee: Again, Zara ? I'm not that old.
Zara: Mama told me to call you uncle.
Zee: Really ? Oho ...
Zara: If you didn't like that uncle, how will I call you ? Papa ? Papa seems nice too since I never call someone as papa. I don't have papa like my other friend.

Zee was shocked as soon as he heard the words that came out of Zara's mouth. He then looked at Zara's face and smiled.
Zee: Then, just call me papa. It's better than uncle.
Zara: Really ?
Zee: Yeah, sure. 
Zara: Papa ...
Zee: Yes, little pretty ?
Zara: I love this. It will be better if I have my real papa.
Zee: Zara ... don't say something like that. You mama will be sad. Stop talking like that, okay ?
Zara: Okay, papa.
Zee: Good girl. (While patting Zara's head gently)

Without wasting time, Zee then walked towards his car. He opened the door on the passenger seat and placed Zara on the seat. Then he stepped into the driver's seat and got into the car. Zee started the engine and drove out of Zara's school grounds. He then drove onto the highway.

"Papa."

Zee turned towards Zara for a moment then he focused on driving.
Zee: Yes, Zara ?
Zara: Where is Mama ?
Zee: She's busy. She said she have 2 presentation today so she can't pick you up. 
Zara: How about you ? You didn't have any class ?
Zee: All of my class for today are cancel so I'm free today. If you want to go somewhere, I can bring you.
Zara: Really ?
Zee: Yes but we need to have our lunch. Okay ?
Zara: Okay, papa.

Zee refocused on his driving. Suddenly his phone rang indicating a call. Without wasting time, he then answered the call.
Zee: Hello, Zee's talking.

"Sawadeekrub."

Zee was so shocked that he almost stopped his car but he managed to control it. Zee saw the number calling him and said, "Nunew ?"

At 6.00 pm ...

Zee and Zara are at a cafe not far from Zee's campus. They come there for lunch before Zara asks him to go somewhere she wants to go. Zee looked at Zara who was still busy enjoying her spaghetti. He smiled seeing Zara eating calmly. She must be very hungry.

Zee looked at the situation around the cafe. He saw many visitors who came to enjoy their lunch at the cafe. There are also some students from his own campus. Zara looked at Zee for a moment, then she also looked at the situation around her. Then, suddenly, his eyes focused on the lovers who were eating at the next table. He smiled slightly at the warmth of the two of them. Zara looked at Zee.

Zara: Papa ...
Zee: Yes, Zara ? 
Zara: Look at them.
Zee: That couple ?
Zara: Yes ... they are so sweet. Look at the way his boyfriend treat her. 
Zee: Oho ... you are still young yet you know about all of this thing ?
Zara: Of course, I am. By the way, didn't you have girlfriend ?
Zee: Hmm ? Should I answer this ?
Zara: You should because I can find a girlfriend for you if you are singe.
Zee: I'm still single but not available.

Zara raised her head and looked at Zee. He didn't understand what Zee meant. Zee just smiled because he knew Zara was confused.
Zara: Single but not available. What does that mean ?
Zee: It means that I'm single but I'm liking someone right now.
Zara: Really ? Why don't you confess ?
Zee: Hmm ... I did confess.
Zara: Then, what happened ? Did she accept you ?

Zee was silent and did not give any answer. He just smiled looking at Zara's face and gently stroked the little girl's head.
Zee: It's not important. Now, continue eat. You said you want to go somewhere, right ?
Zara: Okay, papa. 

Zara enjoyed her food again. Zee just watched. Suddenly he remembered the incident where he received a call from Nunew a while ago which was enough to make his heart beat faster.
Zee: Zara ...

Zara who heard her name called raised her head and looked at Zee.
Zara: Hmm ?
Zee: I want to go out first because I want to smoke for a while. You finish your food, okay?
Zara: Okay, papa.
Zee: Eat slowly, Zara.
Zara: Okay.

Without wasting time, Zee got up from his chair and stepped out of the cafe. He walked towards the chair prepared in front of the cafe and sat on the chair. Without waiting any longer, he then took out his cigarette from his pants pocket and started to light it and smoke it. Then he inhaled the cigarette smoke into the air and looked at the situation around him.

His conversation with Nunew suddenly made him remember.

Flashback ...

"Hello, Nunew krub ..."

Zee was shocked as soon as he heard the caller's name. His heart beat fast when he heard the name that had been lingering in his heart. Zee could feel that her hands were shaking too.
Zee: Nunew ?
Nunew: What do you mean by saying that you love me but at the same time you hate me ? And who the fuck are you to me actually ?
Zee: There is nothing between us. 
Nunew: Then, what did you do at the hospital ? Why did I saw you as soon as I woke up from my coma ?
Zee: ...
Nunew: I don't know why but you kept ghosting me. 
Zee: What do you mean ?
Nunew: I felt like we are closer with each other.
Zee: No, we didn't.
Nunew: ...
Zee: I'm sorry but there is nothing happened between us. 
Nunew: You lied to me. I do remember that you were the one who told me that. You have to remember that people who are in a coma are also aware of their surroundings. You can't fool me.
Zee: ...
Nunew: Please say something. I need to know if there is something between us.
Zee: For what ?
Nunew: Because your face and words kept playing inside my mind and I'm so stressed about it. My head hurts as soon as I tried to remember. Did you know that ?
Zee: What you're going through now can't pay for all the losses I've suffered. 
Nunew: I don't understand. 

"You deserve that, Nunew." 

Zee then hung up and he took a deep breath. He lit his cigarette and blew smoke into the air. 

"DAMN !!! What did I just said ? Zee ... why you said something like that ? Oh Lord .... "

Author's note: How was this part ? Did you guys enjoying it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you !!!