Chapter 39: And my soul whispered ...

"Hia ... "

Zee who was reading something on his iPad then turned away as soon as he heard Nunew's soft voice calling him. He turned to Nunew who was lying next to him. He saw Nunew get up and look at him. Zee placed his iPad on his lap and he began to gently stroke Nunew's head.
Zee: Why, Nhu ? Hmm ?
Nunew: What time is it now ?
Zee: It's 4 pm in Bangkok time. Why ?
Nunew: Hmm .... we still have a long journey to arrive at Dubai.
Zee: Yes, my Nhu. 
Nunew: By the way what are you doing ? Why you didn't go to sleep ?
Zee: I'm reading something. I will go to sleep after I'm done. 
Nunew: I see ... 

Zee smiled at Nunew when he saw Nunew yawning many times. Actually, it was Nunew's father who ordered him to take Nunew with him to Dubai because he was worried if something bad would happen to Nunew. Furthermore, Nunew's father will be outstation outside the district for a week. So, there was no one at home but Madame Fah and the other workers. It would be better if Nunew was with him.

"Hia ... "

Zee turned back. He could feel Nunew pulling his left arm into his arms. Nunew looked at Zee's face with a sweet smile.
Nunew: Can we go to sleep together ?
Zee: Hmm ?
Nunew: I just want to hug you while sleeping. 
Zee: Why ? Do you miss me even when I'm literally beside you ? Hmm ?
Nunew: I always miss you, Hia. It just that I feel safe when I'm with you. 
Zee: Of course, Nhu. Did you forgot that I'm your beloved personal bodyguard ?
Nunew: This is not just because you are my personal bodyguard, Hia. Just like what I said before, I felt familiar with you even when I lose my memories about you. I wanted to clingy with you all the time. I want to bury my face in the curve of your neck. I want to hold you hands tightly. That's how I felt safe with you, Hia. 
Zee: ...
Nunew: You knew I'm in danger right now. There are lots of people who tried to harm me lately. I got scared, Hia. I'm really scared. I may look happy and acted like nothing happened but trust me ... I'm so fucking scared. 
Zee: ...
Nunew: I didn't hope for anything but I just hope that you will be always my safe place when the world is too cruel towards me. I hope you stay by my side and protect me. 

Zee smiled as he heard Nunew's words. He brought his face closer to Nunew and kissed Nunew's forehead warmly for a long time. Then, he looked into Nunew's eyes as he gently stroked Nunew's hand.
Zee: Don't worry, Nhu. You are safe with me. I promise. When you get scared, looked into my eyes ... hold me tighter and hugs me too. I'm not going anywhere. I'm here, Nhu. I hope you knew that you always have my hand to hold because I will keep following your journey. Okay ? 
Nunew: Krub, Hia.
Zee: As long as I'm alive, you will always be safe. I will never let people touch you. 
Nunew: Thank you, Hia. 

Zee returned the thanks with a soft kiss on Nunew's right cheek. Nunew feels so appreciated and loved every time he is with Zee. Zee made him feel comfortable. He hoped that the beauty between the two of them would last for a long time. However, unfortunately they don't have any status at the moment. They have feelings for each other but none of them dare to declare what their relationship is.

.... maybe this is too soon ?

"Nhu ..."

Nunew looked at Zee. He saw that Zee was off his iPad and put it in the bag. Then, he saw Zee lower his seat a little to be level with Nunew. Zee started to lean on the chair while pulling Nunew's hand to lean on his chair. Zee lowers the compartment in the middle so that they can both get closer. Zee pulled Nunew's body and let her lie on his chest. Nunew hugged Zee's waist tightly.
Zee: Sleep, Nhu. I'm here with you.
Nunew: Krub, Hia.
Zee: Sleep as long as you want. Rest your mind, okay ?
Nunew: Krub, Hia.

Nunew then closed both his eyes. Zee then kissed Nunew's forehead for the second time. That was his way of calming Nunew down. Then, he just watched the face of Nunew who was sleeping soundly. Zee tried to close his eyes but he failed. The fact about his biological sister that he just found out has messed with his mind. His conversation with Tu on call this morning made him uneasy.

Flashback ...

Zee stepped out of Nunew's bedroom and sat down on the couch on the right side of the room. Nunew is busy packing his clothes to take to Dubai. So, he took that free time to call his sister, Tu. He called 2 times but did not pick up. This is the first time Tu answered the phone slowly.

One minute ...
Two minute ...
Three minute ...

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO, TU TONTAWAN ?!"

Zee's voice sounded very angry but he tried to control it because he was worried that the conversation would be overheard by anyone passing by. He wanted to meet directly with Tu but time didn't seem to allow it. Tu who had just answered his brother's call was shocked when he heard Zee talking to him using a very rude tone.
Tu: What is this, phi ? You called me then you mad at me ? 
Zee: I asked you, Tu. What the hell are you doing ?
Tu: This is the first time you rasied your voice, P'Zee.
Zee: Tu Tontawan, this is the last time I'm asking you. What the hell are you trying to do towards Nunew ? Why did you asked Mark to attack and harm him ? Answer me, Tu.
Tu: Oh ... you called me because of this ? You called me because you already knew ?
Zee: Tu ... I never expect you did this behind me. This is dangerous. You know he's the only son of Perdpiriyawoong's family and you know well who they are. If they caught you, you will die. 
Tu: Before I die, thier son need to die first. 
Zee: What do you mean ?
Tu: After what he did to our parents, I will not remain silent. He has taken the source of our happiness. He deserved all this torture.
Zee: So, you knew it was him ? Since when ?
Tu: Since the first day I was at the hospital. You disguised yourself as a normal person and became his personal bodyguard to take revenge, right? So, why not we take the revenge together ?
Zee: Tu, please get out of this matter. You are too young for this. Just let me handle this by myself. 
Tu: No. I won't stop.
Zee: Tu, please . Please stop or ...
Tu: ... or you will kill me like you warned Mark ? Hmm ? 
Zee: Tu ... please ... ? This is dangerous, Tu. I didn't want to lose you. That's why I need you to stop. Please ... ?
Tu: Phi, he's the reason our parents died. That's mean ... he need to die too.
Zee: I know but ... Tu ... ?

Tu has ended their call. Zee clenched his fists because he was very angry with his sister's behavior. His younger sister was too young to do such a thing and it was related to crime. He had to stop Tu as soon as possible before she could touch Nunew's skin.

End of flashback ...

Zee looked at Nunew's face who was sleeping soundly while hugging his waist tightly. Zee raised his left hand and gently caressed Nunew's cheek. He sighed.
Zee: Nhu ... look what you have done. There are two siblings who lose their parents because of you and I'm one of them. What should I do ? 
Nunew: ...
Zee: I can't forget what you did 3 years ago toward my parents and my younger sister. I was at my lowest point that time, Nhu. 
Nunew: ...
Zee: I wanted revenge so bad but then my souls whispered ...

" ... I love you, Nhu."

Author's note: How was this part ? Did you guys enjoying it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you !!!