Chapter 27: The Truth

"Someone once tried to kill you when you were in a coma."

Nunew's eyes widened as soon as he heard the words that came out of his mother's mouth. He was very surprised to hear the news and he just found out even though it's been almost a month since he woke up from the coma.
Nunew: What do you mean ? 
Ma: Come here, son.

Ma reached Nunew's right hand and she walked towards the balcony. They both sat on the chairs on the balcony. Ma looked at her son's face who at that time was shocked by the news he told.
Ma: When you are in a coma, someone breaks into your room and tries to kill you by taking off your breathing apparatus. At that time, your condition was very critical. Fortunately, there was a cleaner who came to clean your room, saw your condition, and called the doctor.
Nunew: Who is that person ?
Ma: We don't know but we are sure that that person is the person who has been hired to attack you.
Nunew: Hmm ?
Ma: Nunew, you have to know that your father is a very successful businessman, and at the same time, many people want to bring him down because of their jealousy. People are trying to bring down your father through you. They know that you are Pa's most precious thing. That's why, they used you to overthrow your father.
Nunew: But I didn't do anything wrong, Ma. Why did I involved in this such thing ?
Ma: I know, my son but this is how the world play. 

Nunew sighed. Ma looked at Nunew then smile sweetly.
Ma: Nunew ... Pa loves you so much. That's why he does that not because he wants to control your life. You can do whatever you want but you need someone to take care of you. Life out there is very dangerous. Pa doesn't want bad things to happen to you because you are the only son of this family. I hope you understand your father. 
Nunew: ...
Ma: You are your father's hope. You are the one who will lead all your father's business because your father is old enough. He needs a break and it's time for you to take over. Therefore, your safety is very important.
Nunew: So, that's mean he use me for his business ?
Ma: Nunew ... Pa has worked hard to build his business for many years. Sometimes he falls, sometimes he rises until now he is one of the most admired businessman. It was not easy for him to get to this point.

Nunew was silent. He suddenly remembered that he also saw how hard it was for his father to build a business until he was as successful as he is now. Nunew started to feel guilty with his rather rude attitude with his father. Nunew raised his head and looked at his mother's face.
Nunew: I'm sorry naaa ...
Ma: You should say sorry to him, not me. 
Nunew: Krub ... but ...
Ma: Yes, my son ?
Nunew: What if I can't be like Pa ? You know I have zero knowledge about business.
Ma: Then, you need to learn and put many effort. Remember this, my son. A little effort each day adds up to big result. So, believe in yourself. Do you understand ?
Nunew: Krub, Ma. Thank you naa ...
Ma: Thank you to for understanding your Pa, my son.

Nunew smiled sweetly at his mother. Then he came closer to his mother and hugged her body tightly. It's true, as his mother said. His father is old enough to continue handling their family business. Nunew is also big enough to take his father's place. So, he has to study and then prepare to lead all his father's businesses.

Nunew let go of their hugs and he look at his mother.
Nunew: I have question, Ma.
Ma: What is it ?
Nunew: Why Pa hired Zee to be my personal bodyguard ? I mean ... why it must be him ?
Ma: Why ? Hmm ? There's something between the both of you ? 
Nunew: Err ... no ... ehem ... there's nothing, Ma. 
Ma: Really ? Then, why did you seems like hid something from us ?
Nunew: Ma ... there's nothing. Okay ?
Ma: Okay. 

"Nunew !!!" 

Nunew turned as soon as he heard his name called. He searched where the voice was coming from but he saw no one. Suddenly his eyes focused on the car garage on the ground floor. He could see Zee waving at him clearly from his bedroom balcony.
Nunew: Yes ?
Zee: Let's go to the clinic.
Nunew: I'm not going. I've told you just now.
Zee: No, you must go. Your father told me to bring you there.

Ma looked at Nunew and said, "Just do what your Pa said, Nunew. He's worried about you."

Nunew sighed then he look at Zee.
Nunew: Give me 15 minutes. I need to get ready first.
Zee: Krub. I'm waiting !!!

Nunew turned his attention back to his mother. His mother smiled at him.
Ma: You asked me just now why did Pa hired him, right ?
Nunew: Yes, Ma.

Ma take Nunew's right hand and hold it tightly while saying, " ...because he's the right person."

Nunew looked at his mother's face in amazement. He still did not understand his mother's words. Nunew was about to open his mouth to ask, but he was suddenly surprised to see Zee standing in the middle of his bedroom looking at them. Nunew then got up from the chair.
Nunew: Since when you are here ?
Zee: Since the both of you are talking about me.
Nunew: What ? You are overheard us.
Zee: I'm sorry but I just want to check on you. It's been 15 minutes already.
Nunew: Oh my God, Zee. Can you just wait until I come ?
Zee: But you didn't come.
Nunew: Oho !!! Ma ... look at him. He always answered me. 

Ma just laughed at the child's behavior and his personal bodyguard. There's just their funny behavior. Ma got up from her chair and looked at Nunew.
Ma: Go get ready, Nunew.
Nunew: Krub ...

Ma then stepped away from the balcony. He stepped out and Zee followed his steps. As soon as she left Nunew's bedroom, Zee then called Nunew's mother. Nunew's mother turned to look at him.
Ma: Yes, Zee ?
Zee: Madame, I have a request.
Ma: What is it ?
Zee: Err ... I'm sorry but can you hid from him how we met 3 years ago ?
Ma: Hmm ?
Zee: I mean ... let me tell him by myself. 
Ma: Ohh ... okay. It's your own decision. I won't get involve.
Zee: Okay, madame. Thank you so much.
Ma: What I expect from you is that you should take care of him more than yourself. Take care and protect him. Don't leave him when he needs someone by his side. 
Zee: I will, madame. Don't worry.
Ma: By the way, can I ask a question ?
Zee: Yeah, sure.
Ma: 3 years ago, the both of you met and he always talking about you with me. It looks like he fell for you at the first sight, He's so in love. I've never seen him like that with other gut he met. Do you feel the same way too ?
Zee: If it was 3 years ago, yes ... I fell for him too. I've been admire him for more than a month.
Ma: Really ? I don't know about this. Then ...  do you feel the same way right now ? Even after years ?

Zee looked into Nunew's mother eyes and said, "The feeling is still the same, Madame. That's why I'm here."

Author's note: How was this part ? Did you enjoy it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you !!!