Chapter 59: Merry Christmas, Hia

On 24 December 2023 ...

Nunew woke up from his deep sleep. He winced a little as he rubbed both of his eyelids. Then, he got up from the couch and walked towards Zee's bed. He looked at Zee's face and he smiled sweetly. He lowered his face a little and then he kissed Zee's forehead while gently stroking her husband's head.
Nunew: Good morning, my beloved husband.

Then, without wasting time, he walked towards the toilet room on the left side. He stepped inside and approached a drawer. He took a piece of white cloth and soaked it in water and rinsed it. Then, he stepped out of the toilet and approached his husband.

Nunew then wiped Zee's body using the wet white cloth. That was his daily routine since Zee was in a coma. He is the one who treats and takes care of Zee in these 3 months. He didn't complain at all as he did it sincerely while hoping that Zee would wake up soon. He also likes to spend his time in the hospital to keep Zee company even though he can only see Zee but that is enough for him.

"Hia ... "

Nunew sat on a chair and he held Zee's hand tightly while stroking it.
Nunew: This year, I will celebrating Christmas day with you here. So, after this I will be going out with Gun and Cooheart to buy some decoration. Tonight, at 12 am ... let's celebrate our Christmas day together and make a wish. Okay ? 

Nunew again focused on wiping Zee's body. He wiped Zee's chest, arms, legs and neck. Then, when he was done he put the small towel in the toilet and dried it inside. He stepped out and approached Zee.

He pulled the drawer open and took out the comb inside the drawer. Then, he combed Zee's hair slowly while her lips kept smiling at his husband's face.
Nunew: Why are you so handsome ? Hmm ?

After combing through Zee's hair, he put the comb back in the drawer. then, he looked at Zee's face and gently stroked Zee's hair. then, he grabbed his towel and stepped into the bathroom. He should get ready because Gun and Cooheart are coming in half an hour.

After almost 20 minutes in the bathroom, Nunew finally finished taking a shower. He stepped out fully dressed. Then, he stepped towards the sofa and started to do his skincare. then, he combed his hair neatly. After making sure he was done getting ready, he got up from the couch and walked over to the bed.

He kissed Zee's forehead and said, "I will be right back here as soon as I'm done. I love you always, Hia."

At 5.00 pm ...

Nunew stepped into Zee's treatment room carrying some plastic in his hand. Gun and Cooheart followed behind Nunew. Nunew was helped by the two of them to buy Christmas decorations. Nunew put all the things he bought at the end of the room. Gun and Cooheart then stepped closer to Zee's bed as soon as they put the things they brought.

Gun and Cooheart looked at Zee's face.
Gun: Hi, P'Zee. How are you ? I hope you are doing okay. I hope you will be waking up soon and be happy with our friend, Nunew.
Cooheart: I hope you can wake up as soon as possible. Nunew is waiting for you here, P'Zee. By the way, Merry Christmas to you P'Zee. I wish you wake up on this beautiful day before 2024 came.
Gun: Merry Christmas, P'Zee.

After talking to Zee, Gun and Cooheart then turned towards the back. They saw Nunew sitting on the sofa while taking out the decorative items he bought earlier. Gun and Cooheart then approached their friend and sat next to him. Gun and Cooheart looked at Nunew.
Gun: Nunew ... 
Nunew: Hmm ?
Gun: How are you ? Are you okay ?
Nunew: What do you mean ? I'm okay. Look ... I'm just okay.
Gun: Really ?
Nunew: Yes, I'm good !!!

Gun approached Nunew and without saying anything, he then pulled Nunew's body into his arms while gently stroking Nunew's back. Cooheart also did the same. They knew that Nunew was not strong enough to face all this but he had to be strong to survive. They knew that Nunew was not doing well.
Gun: Nunew ... no matter what happened, please remember that you are not alone. You have us who always by your side. When you are tired, just call us and we will come here. 
Cooheart: That's right, Nunew. We will be always here anytime you need us.