Chapter 30: Trap

Zee was sitting on the couch that was in Nunew's bedroom at that time. The clock then showed 6 pm. Zee was busy looking at his iPad screen while making a slide that he had to present during the meeting next week. That is a slide for his new project. So, he had to prepare it and present the slide to his employees.

Suddenly, his phone rang and he picked up the call. It was a call from Poppy, his personal secretary. He got up and walked to the balcony of the room to chat. He worries if he disturbs Nunew's sleep.
Zee: Hello, Poppy.
Poppy: Hello, boss. Where are you ?
Zee: I'm at Nunew's house.
Poppy: What ? Wait ... are you serious, boss ?
Zee: Yes. I'm inside his bedroom.
Poppy: What ?
Zee: Let me tell you the whole story when I'm free.
Poppy: You just returned from Dubai a few days ago and now you are making a move ?
Zee: Just wait and you will know. By the way, why did you called me ?
Poppy: I've researched everything about the Nunew family from A to Z. I'm sure I didn't miss a single piece of information.
Zee: Then, it's good.
Poppy: I will send you the pen drive.
Zee: It's okay. Just give me when we have meeting next week.
Poppy: Okay, boss. By the way, what is your plan ? Seems like you already make your first plan.
Zee: Let's see how it works. For nor, I just want you to take care of the business and make sure no one know about my real identity. Are you understand ?
Poppy: Krub, boss.
Zee: Anything else ?
Poppy: Oh ... I forgot. This morning I received a letter from Mr. Perpiriyawoong.
Zee: What ?! 
Poppy: He himself came to the office and he want to meet you.
Zee: Then ?
Poppy: Then, I said you are not in Thailand. So, he just give me the letter.
Zee: What is inside ?
Poppy: He wants to work with us.
Zee: Oh wow ! Really ? This is getting interesting. He walked into our trap.

"Zee."

Zee then turned around and was surprised to see Nunew's father had just stepped into the room.
Zee: He's here. I will call you later. Bye.

Without wasting time, Zee ended the call with Poppy. He then stepped closer to Nunew's father who was watching his son sleeping on the bed. Zee stood next to Nunew's father.
Zee: Aow ? You didn't sleep yet ?
Pa: I can't sleep so I came here to check on him. How was his condition ?
Zee: He's getting better. I already told him to take his medicine before he fell asleep.
Pa: Please take care of him, Zee. His antibody is not strong like people usually have. 
Zee: Don't worry, sir. I will taking care of him no matter what happened.
Pa: Good. By the way ...
Zee: Yes, sir ?

Nunew's father looked into his eyes and asked, "Did he already remember who you are ?"

At 3.00 am ...

Zee was still busy doing his work while sitting on the chair next to Nunew's bed. Nunew looks very sound asleep. Since coming home from the clinic at 4pm yesterday, I have been sleeping until now. Nunew must be holding back his fever. Nunew's fever got worse because yesterday he allowed himself to be hit by heavy rain.

Zee often sneezed the whole time he was making his slide then. He tried not to wake the sleeping Nunew with his sneezes. Despite that, he remained focused on his work. Poppy's words when they was on call really surprised him. Nunew's father came to his office himself to meet him.

He remembered Nunew's father's words a moment ago when he came to visit Nunew.

 "Did he already remember who you are ?"

The question that Nunew's father asked made Zee turn around and immediately look at Nunew's father. Zee looked into Nunew's father's eyes. He didn't expect that question to be asked by him.
Zee: I don't know but seems like he doesn't even know me. So, I guess he didn't remember who I am.
Pa: That's good.
Zee: What do you mean ?
Pa: The first day I brought him home he said something to me. He said that he always dreamed and saw a shadow of a man in his mind but he could not remember who that person was. I can guess that the man on his mind is you.
Zee: ...
Pa: If possible, I don't want him to remember who you really are and how he felt about you before he went into a coma.
Zee: Why ?
Pa: I don't want him to remember about the accident 3 years ago and about him being the cause of the death of both your parents. If he finds out, he will blame himself for years and I don't want that to happen. That's why, I hid this from him. I hope you can also cooperate with me.

Zee looked into Nunew's father and said, "If his memory comes back 100%, sooner or later he will definitely remember about what happened 3 years ago."

Zee sneezed again, and this time he couldn't stop. He sneezed again and again until he felt his nose was also blocked. Without wasting time, he then stepped towards the table in the room. He reached into his bag and pulled out some medicine from it. That is the medicine that he always prepares for emergencies. He then took the medicine because he was worried that his condition would get worse.

"Zee ..." 

Zee then turned away as soon as he heard Nunew's soft voice. He then walked closer to Nunew's bed and looked at him. Nunew looked at Zee's face while rubbing his eyes.
Nunew: Are you okay ?
Zee: Why ? What do you mean ?
Nunew: I heard you sneeze so many times. Do you have a fever ?
Zee: Did I interrupt your sleep ? I'm so sorry naa ... 
Nunew: No. I woke up because I'm hungry.
Zee: You are hungry ? Wanna eat something ?

Nunew didn't continue to answer but he looked at the clock on the table next to his bed.
Nunew: It's 3.45 am.
Zee: It's okay. I can cook porridge for you if you are hungry. 
Nunew: Are you sure ?
Zee: Yeah, I'm okay with that. You didn't eat last night. 

Zee smiled at Nunew then he helped Nunew to adjust the position of his blanket. Then, he looked at Nunew's face.
Zee: You can wait and have a rest. I will make porridge for you and will be comeback as soon as possible. Okay ?
Nunew: Krub ...
Zee: You can take a nap for a while too. Later I will wake you up.
Nunew: Krub. 

Without waiting any longer, Zee stepped out of Nunew's bedroom. He then went downstairs to cook porridge for Nunew. As soon as he arrived in the kitchen, he then put on an apron around his waist. He prepared all the ingredients he needed to make chicken porridge. After making sure all the ingredients were there, he started making porridge for Nunew.

"Zee ... "

Zee who was busy cooking turned away as soon as he heard Nunew's voice. He was surprised to see that Nunew was at the end of the stairs next to the kitchen.
Zee: What are you doing here ?
Nunew: I can't sleep.
Zee: Then, just laying down on your bed. You are not feeling well. Just wait for me to make your porridge.
Nunew: I'm bored cause I'm alone upstairs.
Zee: Oh, God. You are really stubborn. 

Zee returned to focus on the porridge that was being cooked. He didn't care about Nunew at all at that time.

"Zee ... "

Zee then turned back to look at Nunew's face. Then, he saw Nunew looking at him while wiping his snot with the end of his sleeve. Nunew looked at Zee. 
Zee: What ?
Nunew: Take me there.
Zee: No. Go back to your bedroom and wait for me there.
Nunew: I'm bored. Take me there naa ...
Zee: Come here by yourself. You have two legs so walk.
Nunew: You are my personal bodyguard so you need to obey me, Zee.
Zee: Nunew ...
Nunew: Please ... ? 

Zee sighed heavily. Without wasting time, he then walked towards Nunew. Then, he lifted Nunew's body and walked towards the kitchen. Nunew just smiled as Zee just followed his orders. Zee placed Nunew on the kitchen cabinet. Suddenly, Nunew sneezed so many times that his snot came out.

Zee then stopped Nunew as soon as he saw that Nunew wanted to use his sleeve to wipe his snot. Zee then took a tissue from the table and helped Nunew to wipe his nose. Nunew just watched.

Nunew suddenly smiled meaningfully. Unexpectedly, Nunew kissed Zee's right cheek with his nose that still had some snot. Zee then wiped his cheek and he knew that Nunew did it on purpose. Nunew then got up from the cabinet and ran upstairs to his room. He felt satisfied that he could do that to Zee.

"NUNEW CHAWARIN !!!" 

Author's note: How was this part ? Did you guys enjoying it ? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you !!!