CHAPTER NINETY THREE: Planning

"O..Oi, Con, gimme your boot. I think I'm gonna throw up..."

Slack jawed and brows pinched, I just stared across the courtyard of the barracks in disbelief. There was no way I was seeing this, right? It couldn't be real.

I absolutely wasn't seeing Floch Forster with my sister hanging from his arm, was I?

"Get your own boot..." Connie muttered, just as distracted as I was. "So, what's the plan? Haul her ass outta here? Go tell Hange? I'm not into beating up girls, but from what you've told me, she's more of a hog."

All of the above, preferably.

"Mama, why does the hog make you wanna frow up?" Odette tugged at the hem of my shirt and I lifted her up, quickly passing her to my companion.
"Because she's rotten. Hey, Uncle Connie is gonna go take you to look at the pretty ponies for a little while so I can handle some grown up business, okay?"

Settling the four year old easily on his hip, Connie looked between me and my sister, cocking a brow.
"Grown up business, or (Y/N) business..?" I knew that was his way of asking whether he should be concerned about me possibly being arrested, and I waved him off quickly.

"Grown up. I'm not as bad as I used to be." I declared, pouting when my friend snorted, rolling his eyes as he started off with my daughter.
"Heh, we'll believe it when we see it, won't we, Odd?"

I can't even be mad, because he's justified.

Once they had left, I hiked up my big girl panties and strode my way over to where the pair were standing. The closer I got, the more disgusted I became. She was all over him in the most vulgar of mushy displays, goo goo eyes and all. Sickening.

"Floch, could I have a word?" I made a point to not even acknowledge the tightly cinched woman, who smirked knowingly and dragged the ginger's arm closer to her stuffed bosom.
"Oh, it's you, dear sister. I didn't think you made it out of Shiganshina after hearing about all those casualties."

Liar. Our names were the talk of the entire island when we returned...

Keeping up my unphased facade, I gave her a blank stare, though my fists were closed tightly behind my back.
"Yep. By the skin of my teeth. Floch, as I was saying, a word? Priva-"

"My sincere condolences about Commander Erwin. Such a pity, what happened to him." Felicitas' eyes flashed with bona fide malice as she continued to claw at my defences, begging for some kind of rise out of me.

"I had no idea you two were sisters. You're...absolutely nothing alike.' Floch glanced between the two of us and I internally thanked him for saying that. If I had been anything like her I would have begged for a bullet between the eyes. "Fel, could you excuse me for a moment? Y'know, responsibilities."

Giggling like she hadn't a thought between her eyes, Felicitas gave his arm one final squeeze before turning to float herself away, looking back over her shoulder.
"Okay, but don't keep me waiting too long~"

Yeah, I should've fought Connie for that boot...Disgusting.

Once she was well out of our sights, I grabbed hold of Floch's collar and dragged him around the corner, pinning him up against the wall. The poor guy had no idea what was going on.
"Care to explain, Forster?" I asked through gritted teeth, and the man looked back to where we had come from, smirking to himself.

"Isn't she just perfect? We met a few weeks ago and she's just...wow..." He gushed, causing me to very nearly lose my lunch right into his face.
"Okay, let me stop you right there, pal. Remember me telling you I had a really shitty family, and the whole being thrown over the wall as a pre-teen thing?" I waited for his dopey nod, then pushed him further back into the wall. "She was a great big part of it, so, again, I ask, care to explain?!"