CHAPTER FIFTEEN: What We Want

Waking up in Eld's arms was a shock; not because I hadn't remembered anything, but because I just wasn't used to it. There was no way I could forget such an experience, and I wanted it to last...but we only had until the others returned from their mission. To make matters worse, we still had to continue the training set by Captain Levi.

"I know, but we have to get up..." Eld sighed; contradicting his words by smothering his face into my chest. His warm breath tickled my skin, and I combed my fingers through his blond locks as I stared up at the stone ceiling.
"Or...we could just stay here until the last minute..?" I suggested, even though I knew there was no chance of that happening. He placed a gentle kiss to my collarbone and began to trail upwards towards my jaw.
"Don't tempt me..." He whined as he stopped just short of my lips; his oak eyes softening as he looked into my hues of (E/C). "Besides...we need to figure out what this is before anything else..."

Ah...yeah, I didn't really think about that...

"W..well...what do you want it to be..?" I asked curiously as I continued to play with his hair. I didn't particularly mind what we became, as long as I could still stay close to him. Sure, I cared about him deeply, but love wasn't exactly on the cards for me. Not yet, anyway. Eld took a while to think about his answer before he slumped back down in my arms.
"I like you...a lot...but military relationships aren't exactly smiled upon...Levi would probably tear my dick off...and..." He glanced up at me with a serious expression. "...I have a feeling you don't want anything serious with me, anyway..."

No no no, don't say it like that!

"It's...not that I don't want anything serious...I just...don't think I'm ready for it...I'm happy with us just being...us..." I explained quietly as I felt his lips roam about around my bare breasts.
"Mmmhmm...That's probably for the best..." He hummed distractedly as he captured my nipple between his teeth; giving it light, pleasuring nibbles. I let my head lean back as he swept my mind away with his sensual touch. "...I can't say I won't wait until it's possible, though..."

"I just...don't know what I want...I'm still...trying to find out how to function back behind the walls..." He was quickly reducing my mind to a fluffy mush, but I was willing to let him. I didn't have to think when he was kissing and touching at my skin, and it was bliss. Eld flipped me over slowly; only pausing to look into my lidded (E/C) eyes for a moment before blowing a cool breath against my chest.

"Forget that we're within the walls right now...Just do what feels right, for now..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eld's words stuck with me as the next two weeks flew by. The squad had returned; Levi more bitter than ever after having to deal with a herd of tick-ridden cattle, and I did what I had to do. I proved to him I could concentrate and not zone out, which was more difficult than I had ever expected, but at least I gained some form of approval from the revered little man.

Returning to the training center had been the most difficult part; Eld and I had managed to sneak in a few kisses and embraces around corners and behind closed doors, but eventually we had to part ways. They had business to tend to, and I still had to resume basic training, along with the rest of the 104th. I was definitely glad to see Marco again; he had been the first to greet me and catch me up on the nonsense that I had missed, and Sasha gifted me with a slightly deformed potato she had scavenged from god knows where.

I hadn't really missed much. That Eren kid and Jean had had a few tiffs; one of which turned to full blown fisticuffs, and apparently I had missed Mikasa literally launching Reiner through to air to keep some girl away from her beloved ravonette. That was one thing I was definitely sorry I missed. Apart from that, everything was boring and normal. Nothing that excited me, and certainly nothing to look forward to. Shadis was still on my ass about everything, but I found that if I stuck relatively close to Reiner he didn't give me too much grief. Who would when the guy looked like he had already served years in the military?