45| lesson

Zaayan walked inside Ayaan's room and found him sitting on his bed with his face bowed down in is knees. The occasional sniffs were piercing Zaayan's heart.

Ayaan was 3 when their father was diagnosed with cancer he have never spent time with him he doesn't really have any memories with his father. Zaayan was very young but he use to keep Ayaan away from their sick father he doesn't want it to traumatise the poor child.

Ayaan was only seven when their father died. He questioned about him but he never really acknowledges his presence. To him his father was always Zaayan and will always be him.

Zaayan also loves Ayaan as his own child he have been protecting him and playing father to him since he himself was only 13.

At the moment Zaayan wanted nothing more than to scoop his brother in his arms and cradle him but the weight of unavoidable duties always bounds him.

Today whatever his brother did is something that he can not allow to be repeated he needs to deal with this matter and clear his younger brother's head of how bad this could have turned out.

The anger was now subtle but it was there Zaayan was still very much angry but not furious. Today he was determined to teach his brother some basic traffic safety rules.

Zaayan walked into his fancy 12 year old appropriate room and settled on the bean bag quietly he sighed two times before he finally called his brother.

"Ayu." He cleared his throat and started again "Ayaan come here!" He called in firm voice.

Ayaan jolted up from his position he quickly wiped his tears and looked at Zaayan still not moving from his bed. Zaayan gestured him to come to him.

Ayaan hesitantly walked towards his brother with fat tears rolling down his cheeks and that is where Zaayan's whole facade got broken the angry responsible father facade left immediately and the loving older brother entered.

Zaayan was the happiest 11 year old when Ayaan was born he and Raayan use to fight a lot but Ayaan's birth was the best gift his parents could give him very soon everything changed but Zaayan's love for Ayaan remained the same.

Zaayan quickly pulled Ayaan and his heart broke into thousand pieces when he saw his little brother flinching thinking that he will get another slap.

Zaayan ignored the hurt and scooped his child in his big arms. He felt Ayaan taking a breath of relief before it turn into cries. Ayaan rested his face on his older brother's chest and sobbed.

Ayaan cried for few minutes and Zaayan just kept holding him he was his most precious possession and he wouldn't trade his relation for World.

The slap and harsh reaction was just reflux of scaredness he felt when he thought about anything happening to his little bean.

Zaayan was rubbing soothing circles on his brother's back.

"Bas bacha bas." Zaayan said gently.

"Sorry bhaiya." Ayaan hiccuped.

"Ayu please beta rona band kro bhaiya ko baat krni ha apse ap aise roege to hum baat kese krnge?" Zaayan asked freeing him from his grip.

Ayaan immediately tried to control himself from sobbing after few minutes he stopped just occasional hiccups.

Zaayan closed his eyes and opened them again he made Ayaan stand in front him and started his least favourite thing.

"Ayaan! Look at me." Zaayan said softly but firmness was evident in his tone.

Ayaan looked up and Zaayan started again.

"Last year you remember you ran in parking lot? Bhaiya ne us waqt ap se kia kaha tha yaad ha?" He asked.