1

"The auspicious time has come, Third Prince, you..."

It was obviously a happy day, but there was no hint of joy on the faces of the people in the palace. Mammy trembled and took out the bright red hijab. Her tone of voice was not joyful, only sorrowful.

The usually simple and elegant bedroom is rarely brightly decorated, with festive red everywhere you look. It's just that as the people in the palace came and went, no one showed any true joy.

The third prince, Xie Zhiqing, was sitting on the couch, and the maid beside him was still helping him arrange his hair.

He lowered his head and looked at his knees, and it took him a long time before he softly uttered a sentence: "Have they...the people from the wolf tribe arrived yet?"

Mammy's nose felt sore, she quickly turned around and wiped her eyes, and whispered: "Here we are, I just met the saint, and now I'm going to guard the palace gate to receive the bride."

Xie Zhiqing nodded and smiled slightly.

"Then, let's go, don't miss the time."

*

Half a month ago, the Prairie Wolf Clan far in the northwest suddenly sent an envoy to the imperial city to convey two extremely important things on behalf of the new Wolf King.

The wolves are cruel and mysterious. For hundreds of years, they have only guarded the northwest grasslands and never actively offended the Central Plains. This sudden contact made everyone in the court feel strange.

As for these two things, they struck the emperor of Anyu like a bolt from the blue.

The first thing is that a small country on the border is plotting to send troops and plans to attack Anyu State next spring. This small country has a sparse population but a very strong army. In just two years, it has annexed many surrounding tribes. Judging from the strength of the army, Anyu may not be their opponent.

The second thing is that if Anyu needs it, the Wolf Clan is willing to help, but the premise is...

The new Wolf King has taken a fancy to Xie Zhiqing, the current emperor's favorite youngest son, and wants him and his wife to become the princess of the wolf clan. In exchange, the wolf clan is willing to protect Anyu Zhoufang.

The emperor was furious.

"It's normal for the saint to find it hard to accept something unexpected." The wolf tribe messenger was not impatient and said, "Our wolf tribe has no other strengths except for our fighting ability. We are willing to relieve the saint's worries. And -"

The envoy changed the subject, "Counting the days, His Highness the Wolf King is already on the way. This marriage, the life of the little king on the border, is the betrothal gift given by our Wolf King to the little prince, and the saint and the little prince will be happy to accept it. .”

As soon as this statement came out, everyone was shocked.

The life of the king of a country can be taken at will. This wolf king is too violent...

The emperor was stunned for a long time and understood the meaning of these words.

The new wolf king can easily kill the kings of other countries, and naturally he can also easily take his own life.

On the surface, this marriage was an exchange of interests. In fact... In fact, they, An Yu, had no other choice but to compromise.

The emperor pressed his forehead and waved his hand to signal the envoy to leave first.