6

Within two steps of walking out, Xie Zhiqing felt a little cold, so she ran back and added some clothes.

It was too late yesterday, and he hadn't packed his luggage carefully, so he could only take out a cloak he wore most often from the package and cover himself.

The bright red cloak and hat with a fur collar are warm and beautiful.

This dress was given to Xie Zhiqing by her father for her birthday last year. It was said to be red, festive and flattering to her skin tone. Xie Zhiqing liked it very much.

He changed his clothes, put his hood over his head, and followed Ates out the door.

*

Xie Zhiqing didn't know the way when she first came out, so she relied on Artes to lead her. He picked up a lot of unnamed grass and put it in his arms, all of which were pointed out by Ates. It walked and looked around, and when it found something suitable, it bit it down and let Xie Zhiqing pick it up.

While picking it up, he asked: "Is this edible? Isn't this poisonous? You won't bite this place bald, right?!"

Xie Zhiqing was sincerely worried when she said this, but Artes immediately showed a speechless expression after hearing it.

Don't tell me, this expression is exactly the same as Lang San.

Xie Zhiqing laughed so hard that her nose wrinkled.

Ates always appeared at the same time as Lang San, so much so that Xie Zhiqing almost forgot that Ates himself was a part of Lang San.

He squatted down and picked up some more grass, and touched the top of Ates' head - this time he finally dared to touch it with his whole hand.

"Is it almost done?" He looked at the grass he had picked up and said, "The rabbit is so small, this should be enough for it to eat for several days. Shall we go back?"

Ates flicked his tail, turned around and walked in the direction he came from.

On the way, Xie Zhiqing chatted awkwardly with Artes.

I'm afraid I'm not that scared anymore, but I've only met him a few times, so it's impossible to say how familiar he is.

Ates walked in front of him, occasionally stopping to look back. At such times, Xie Zhiqing would speed up and follow closely.

In the past, Xie Zhiqing would never have imagined that one day he would follow a wolf and let it take him home.

The sun has completely risen, and the sunlight has illuminated the sky and the earth golden again. The world in front of her was warm, and Xie Zhiqing felt that her body seemed to be getting warm too.

He took off the hood on his head and continued to follow Ates.

The sunlight behind them cast long shadows beneath their feet, and his and Ates's shadows overlapped and connected.

*

After taking a few steps, Ates suddenly stopped.

It turned to look at Xie Zhiqing, came over, grabbed his trouser leg, and pulled him toward home. While pulling, he looked back at the small house in the distance.

Xie Zhiqing tried to think about it and asked: "Are you trying to say that there is someone at home and you want me to go back quickly?"

Ates released his mouth and moved his head up and down.

Xie Zhiqing asked again: "Is Lang San back?"

Ates didn't move.

It doesn't look like Lang San... Xie Zhiqing thought, who could it be? He just came here, who would come to see him?