40

"...I'm twenty-three years old this year. It's weird not to marry a princess. It's impossible not to have a side wife." Xiao Qizhen said helplessly, "Xiaoxiao, I'm not trying to defend myself. I know it's possible. It’s different from the customs of your wolf clan. But - it’s completely normal for a man to have three wives and four concubines here.”

Lang Xiaoxiao lay on the table and said lazily: "I know."

Xiao Qizhen said again: "Let's do it this way. When we get married, I'll send those outhouses away. Do you think so?"

Lang Xiaoxiao raised her eyelids, glanced at him, and asked, "Really?"

Xiao Qizhen said with a smile: "It's absolutely true, as true as my love for you."

Lang Xiaoxiao snorted and finally smiled.

She cleared her throat, and soon pretended to be fierce: "You are not allowed to take concubines in the future! Otherwise, I will break your legs!"

"Okay, okay," Xiao Qizhen raised his hands in a gesture of surrender, then hugged her into his arms and said, "Okay, from now on, I will only have Princess Xiaoxiao!"

Lang Xiaoxiao stared at him for a while and smiled.

Within half a month, Lang Xiaoxiao had already changed out of her wolf princess attire—Xiao Qizhen said that her appearance was too exotic and could easily cause trouble.

Lang Xiaoxiao didn't want to change into the clothes of a Central Plains girl - the words of those Central Plains girls being dignified and ladylike were not completely false, but Lang Xiaoxiao only liked to see others dressed like this, and she would not be happy if she was asked to change into them herself.

"What's the right and wrong? I can settle it myself." Lang Xiaoxiao said.

"It's not about you, it's about me." Xiao Qizhen said, "Others don't know you, but they know me - everyone knows that I am the eldest prince of Pian Yang Kingdom, and there are so many pairs of eyes staring at me."

Lang Xiaoxiao still didn't understand. She still couldn't figure out how much trouble her status as a wolf princess could really cause for Xiao Qi. However, since he said this, she listened.

After a short hug, Lang Xiaoxiao asked: "Then when will you come back to the grassland with me to propose marriage?"

Xiao Qizhen said: "You can leave at any time."

"Then go tomorrow."

"no problem."

Lang Xiaoxiao pursed her lips, showing a rare shyness of a little girl. She nodded again and said "ok".

...The wolf princess doesn’t understand the ways of the people in the Central Plains. She didn't understand that a man should prepare some gifts when he came to propose marriage. No matter whether they were expensive or not, at least they shouldn't be left empty-handed. She also didn't understand that dismissing those foreign concubines was tantamount to divorcing his wife. In the feudal realm of Pianyang, it was such a serious matter for a married woman to be divorced.

She didn't even understand that Xiao Qizhen's words were lies that could be exposed immediately.

In her opinion, as long as two people are happy, it is good.

On the way back to the grassland, they met Tanis.

Tanis started to circle happily as soon as it was far away. Lang Xiaoxiao thought that it had been separated from her for too long and missed her too much. Only when she walked in did she realize that this was not the case.

She knelt down and got close to Tanis for a while, and her face suddenly looked very surprised.

She stood up suddenly again and said blankly: "Xiao Qing'er is pregnant? Xiao Qing'er is pregnant?!"