42

Lang San frowned, took a deep breath, and said softly: "He still has something to hide from you."

Those light words fell as heavy as a thousand pounds in Lang Xiaoxiao's heart. The anger and confusion just now seemed to have turned into invisible knives stabbing into her heart, making her almost unable to breathe.

"...This, this..." She defended with difficulty, "There must be a reason..."

Lang San said: "Poor health, miscarriage, accident - these are the reasons he gave me."

He looked at Lang Xiaoxiao and asked, "Do you believe it?"

Lang Xiaoxiao's lips moved - she really wanted to say "I believe it".

Lang San added: "Why didn't he tell you? Did he think it was unlucky, or felt it was unnecessary, or - he wanted to hide it from you first, and wait until he couldn't hide it anymore?"

Lang Xiaoxiao shook his head vigorously and whispered, "Stop talking."

Lang San didn't listen to her.

"I'm not saying that he must be making up reasons to lie to me. He doesn't have to lie to me." He continued, "What I care about is why he hid it from you. Have you ever thought about it? In addition to these, he may have other things. Hiding it from you——"

"Stop talking, brother!" Lang Xiaoxiao screamed, "Stop talking!!"

Big tears rolled down from her eyes, but she wiped them away roughly.

Lang Xiaoxiao's cheeks were about to be flooded with tears. She looked at the Wolf King in front of her and felt as if her heart was being torn in half.

How did that happen? She couldn't understand.

Why didn't Brother Qi tell her? Why...why should my brother tell me such a thing? Does Brother Qi really have something else to hide from her?

Why didn't you tell her, why did you hide it from her, why...

They all talked about his side room and their future. Why, why did you hide this matter alone?

There were too many questions in her mind. But who can answer it for her?

The eldest brother will not lie to her, so does Brother Qi really have a problem?

Lang Xiaoxiao's vision was blurry.

Will Brother Qi have any problems? He is so kind and gentle. He would teach her to write, tie her hair, and tell her so many interesting things about the Central Plains.

Will he be a bad guy?

Lang Xiaoxiao's heart was as sharp as a knife.

She stood there stupidly for an unknown amount of time before muttering: "I...I'll ask him."

She spoke in such a low voice that Lang San could hardly hear her.

...His hearing is obviously so good.

"Wait a minute -" Lang San closed his eyes, stopped the person who turned around and wanted to leave, and said, "Ask him to come over and ask him here. Ask him in front of me. Let's ask everything today. clear."

Lang Xiaoxiao stopped, and when he looked back, his expression was pleading.

"Brother, I will ask him, I will ask everything clearly!" Lang Xiaoxiao looked sad and whispered, "You let me ask myself, you let me ask myself!"

Lang San said sternly: "Call him over and ask him right here!"

Lang Xiaoxiao didn't know anything, but he already believed what his elder brother said. She knew in her heart that this marriage might not come true, but she really couldn't let go of the person in her heart - that was the first man she really liked.