39

The firewood kept the cave very warm. Xie Zhiqing's cheeks were feeling hot. She sat with her face in her hands and watched Lang San continue to add fuel to the fire.

"Okay, it's very warm." Xie Zhiqing laughed unbearably, "How much more heat do you want to burn?"

Lang San curled his lips, stopped what he was doing, and sat back down next to Xie Zhiqing.

He reached out and touched the back of the little prince's hand, and then felt relieved after confirming that the man was indeed warm.

"Is the winter in Anyu cold?" Lang San asked, "I've passed by several times and it seems to be spring and summer."

Xie Zhiqing said: "It's cold, but it's different from the cold in the grassland. It almost never snows there, but it does rain. When it rains, it's very cold."

Lang San nodded.

After a while, he asked again: "How should I tell them about this?"

"..." Xie Zhiqing scratched her face, "I didn't think about it. My brother and the others have just returned. After hearing about this incident, they will definitely come to see me. I don't want them to go through this again so soon. But... also You can’t hide it from them.”

Xie Zhiqing said frustratedly: "I don't know what to do either."

Lang San thought for a while.

What Xie Zhiqing said makes sense. The prince and princess who came this time indeed looked very weak, unable to withstand the continuous tossing on the road.

So, what if it were the eldest son of the emperor? I'm afraid it won't work either. According to Xiao Qing'er, his father, the emperor, is getting older, and now he relies on the eldest son to help with many things in the court, so he may not be able to stay away for a long time.

But then again, it's been so long before the baby is born, and Xiao Qing'er's family came over early and really had nothing to do. The matter of coming to the grassland to visit relatives again can be discussed later.

Xie Zhiqing's thoughts were similar to his.

"I think, otherwise, just..." Xie Zhiqing's head almost dropped to her chest, her voice was so low that it was almost impossible to hear clearly, "Otherwise, just wait until the baby is born before inviting them to visit..."

"Oh -" Lang San responded in a long voice, put his face in front of Xie Zhiqing, lowered his body to tease him, "Then when will the baby be born? Hey, Xiao Qing'er, tell me, the baby is in your belly now, How old are you?"

He stretched out his right hand and clenched it into a fist, saying, "Is it that big?"

His expression was playful, but his voice was serious.

Xie Zhiqing lowered her head, embarrassed to look at Lang San's face. Naturally, she also missed the ungrateful expression on his face. She just barely listened to the voice, thinking that His Highness the Wolf King was seriously doubting, so she followed suit. He thought about it.

"No..." Xie Zhiqing stretched out her hand to press Lang San's fist, touched his fingernails, and whispered, "Probably, only this big...?"

Lang San was so cute by his cute little gesture that he really wanted to hold him in his arms and give him a good rub.

He cleared his throat, struggled to hold back the smile on his lips, stopped teasing him, and just quietly held the person in his arms.

Lang San took off his cloak and covered Xie Zhiqing in it. They leaned together and discussed in low voices how to describe this incident in the letter sent home to Anyu.