41

That day, Lang San didn't come back until nightfall.

Xie Zhiqing was not asleep and woke up immediately when she heard the door knock.

"Lang San?" He rubbed his eyes and stood up, asking, "Why did you come back?"

Lang San patted the snowflakes on his coat, walked to the bed and sat down in two steps, and said, "I went to Lang Xiaoxiao's place to sit for a while. Haven't you slept yet?"

Xie Zhiqing lay back on the quilt again, squinted her eyes, smiled, and said, "I'm not asleep yet."

Lang San lowered his head and touched the tip of his nose and said, "Go to sleep, I'll be right back."

Xie Zhiqing didn't feel sleepy at all. He stretched out his hand from the quilt, held Lang San, and asked, "What did you tell Xiaoxiao?"

"..." Lang San rolled his eyes unceremoniously.

I get angry when I mention it. Lang San said angrily: "I'm really impressed by her! As soon as I came back, she started causing trouble everywhere! Lu Lingling said she stole a basket of cucumbers in the vegetable garden, and Lang Pengpeng said she took out a lot of hair! As soon as I came back, everywhere They are all complaining to me and they are annoying me to death!"

"..." Xie Zhiqing showed an expression of disbelief.

"However," Lang San added, "I met Xiao Qizhen."

Xie Zhiqing quickly asked: "Have you seen him? What do you think of him?"

Lang San thought for a while, shook his head, and said, "I can't say. He seems very sincere and knows everything, but I always feel... something is weird."

According to Lang San, he found a reason to send Lang Xiaoxiao away and chatted with Xiao Qizhen alone.

He went straight to the point and asked him what happened to his three dead concubines.

"Xiao Qizhen said that the first one was due to poor health after being born, and she died of illness just after getting married. The second one was a miscarriage during pregnancy, and the big one and the small one were not saved, and they were gone. The third one was an accident. The snow was too heavy, so I fell down and broke my head." Lang San frowned and said, "It is consistent with the information I got, but..."

He shook his head and didn't continue.

Xie Zhiqing understood what he meant.

After all, he is still the prince of Pian Yang Kingdom. Even if there is some inside information, it is impossible to find out casually.

"I asked him again what he wanted to do with marrying the wolf clan." Lang San continued, "He was honest and said straight away that he needed a powerful foreigner as a foreign aid."

Xie Zhiqing understood, "He wants to be the next emperor of Pian Yang?"

Lang San nodded.

It is said that the eldest prince of Pian Yang Kingdom is not very good at handling court affairs. They Pian Yang tend to favor the virtuous but not the elders. Compared with several younger brothers, he does not have an advantage.

"So, he wants you to help him?" Xie Zhiqing thought for a while and said, "Okay, this is also a reasonable reason."

Lang made a stern sound and said, "I said I don't care. Whether he should be the emperor or not, who should be the emperor, what does it have to do with the grassland, and what does it have to do with this king? Whoever Lang Xiaoxiao wants to marry is her own business. Don’t involve the wolves.”