17

Because of this topic, the originally ambiguous and charming atmosphere came to an abrupt end.

Xie Zhiqing talked a lot that night, pouring out all the worries and fears in her heart over the years to Lang San - many of his thoughts were almost unknown even to Xie Zhifeng.

He was nestled in Lang San's arms, motionless and immersed in his own world, even forgetting that he was naked.

But Lang San can really endure it. He held the person in his arms, patted his back through his thin sleeves, and listened quietly to him talking about the bitterness and troubles in his heart.

Xie Zhiqing said that rather than the incident itself, he was more concerned about the other chain reactions it would trigger.

He also mentioned his twin brother, Xie Zhifeng.

"The year we were born, our father had not yet ascended the throne, and he was just an ordinary prince. That year, Anyu went through a lot of things, and the people suffered a lot. My brother and I were born, and we became almost everyone at that time. people’s expectations.”

Twins are not common, and it is even rarer to have twins in an emperor's family. However, it is difficult to say whether the twins can really meet people's expectations.

Even if Xie Zhiqing didn't tell what happened next, Lang San could still make a rough guess.

"When we were really born, all the rumors changed again." Xie Zhiqing said with a wry smile, "My brother's disability is visible outside, and everyone can see it. And I..."

Lang San pinched his mouth to prevent him from saying anything unpleasant.

"..." Xie Zhiqing blinked, avoided his hand, and said, "In short, our birth did not satisfy everyone. Even... for a while, my father received a lot of criticism because of us."

Xie Zhiqing turned over, lying on his back and looking at the ceiling. He seemed to have really recalled what happened at that time, with a sad expression.

"Especially my brother...it's not easy for him either. According to An Yu's custom, men can get married after they are fifteen years old, but my brother and I have always..." Xie Zhiqing wrung her fingers and said, "That's why. "

Lang San made a joke: "Fortunately."

Xie Zhiqing looked at him, wrinkled her nose and smiled.

There was a lot of chatting that night.

Xie Zhiqing spoke in detail about his panic, confusion, confusion and helplessness.

"I don't often feel troubled by this matter. Most of the time, I don't think about it at all." Xie Zhiqing said, "So...although I have said so much today, if I really talk about this matter, I will not think about it at all." It's painful, but it's actually not painful. I just..."

He raised his eyelids, glanced at Lang San quickly, and said softly: "Lang San, you... I don't know if this is considered concealment or deception, but I didn't mean to-"

"Did I express it too vaguely before?" Lang San interrupted him, "I should have expressed before that I know about this matter. It's just..."

Lang San showed a rare expression of embarrassment, "There is really no way for me to take the initiative to bring up this kind of thing... I don't know how to express this to you. I can only wait for the time when you are willing to take the initiative to speak - but, Xiao Qing Son, to be honest, you may find this difficult to talk about, but to me, this is just a small matter, and it is absolutely not deception or concealment."

He patted Xie Zhiqing across the quilt and said, "Just keep your heart in your stomach."

Xie Zhiqing's quilt was tightly wrapped, only her pointed chin was exposed. He blinked and thanked Lang for the first time in a long time.