Spiders

Adeline's Pov

I woke up sweating and baffled as I didn't recognize where I was. I felt something encircling my neck and restricting my breathing.

Without wasting any minute I grabbed the soft duvet around my body and shoved it to the floor. My hands found there way to my belly as I clutched the t-shirt I was wearing.

Breathing heavily I kept my eyes glued to the duvet covers I had just thrown. I couldn't understand why it would try to choke me.

As my glaring continued, the duvet moved trying to finish off what it started and I sucked in a harsh breath unable to comprehend how this could be possible.

I moved back towards the headboard and tried to figure out its movement when suddenly a foot with slippers on, came into my view.

I realized it was the door who moved the duvet when the abandoned foot entered my room. I was about to scream until I looked up at the panicked blue eyes identical to mine. Julian.

He was always calm and collected but right now all his movements were uncertain. Why does he look worried?

I heard several footsteps coming towards my door and a confusion sets in. Within next five seconds, all of my brothers except Cyrus were in my room.

Each of them with their hands behind their back, scanning my face and the surrounding as if something is about to happen and they're here to prevent it.

"What happened?" Rhyett asks Julian as he was the first one in my room.

“I don't know. I heard her scream so I came here but there was no one and she was just... staring at her blanket." Julian replied with his voice sounding strained.

Why is he lying? I didn't scream.

"Why did you scream, Adeline?" Ewan asked with gentleness that I haven't heard from him before.

"I didn't. I just woke up." I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Yes, you did." Altas sounded pissed off. "We all heard you scream that's why we came here."

I was sure all of them won't be pranking me at this hour of the night. And with Rhyett here, I knew he wouldn't disturb me without any reason so I believed them.

I usually don't scream with the nightmares but tonight must've been really overwhelming with the whole miscarriage scare.

My eyes widen at the realization and I look down at my lap in embarrassment. My breathing had settled now but the panic of the unfortunate situation was still there.

Just when I was about to open my mouth to utter some foolish excuse, my stomach twists and a nasty bile comes up my throat.

I didn't even have enough time to slip on my shoes and had to rush to the bathroom barefoot. As he did in the restaurant, Rhyett followed me and stayed by my side holding up my hair until I had emptied everything out.

Once I cleaned up and gained some sense of my surroundings, I was relieved that no one else followed me. It was already embarrassing as is.

I hesitated looking at Rhyett, already feeling bad that I'm being such a burden on him.

My pregnancy doesn't give me an excuse to make his life difficult.

"I had a nightmare." I mumbled.

I knew he would ask. Rather than telling him that in front of everyone outside, this seemed to be a better choice.

"About?" There wasn't an ounce of emotion in his voice and I wondered if he's worried or pissed off?