Proposal

Rhyett's Pov

I climb up the stairs to the rooftop. I have to make sure everything’s perfect before she gets here. I can't mess this up. I've already done my fair share.

As expected, there was a major problem. The flower arrangements were placed from the end of stairs all the way up but they were supposed to only be on the rooftop. If she sees them, she'll turn around and leave.

She's only coming for a girl’s movie night. I hope she isn't too disappointed to get a proposal instead.

But just to be safe, I have also arranged for a movie in case she wants to watch one rather than use the set tent for some other purpose.

The tent and table where we’ll have our dinner are both off-white and rustic gold themed. It's too basic but that's all I know. It's my first ever proposal, I didn't want to ruin it by pulling some extraordinary shit that she won't like.

And my angel is a simple girl, I'm damn sure she'll love this.

I decided to go back down and tell the staff to rearrange the flower. But right when I'm about to turn around, I see movement in the tent.

I did what any man would’ve done in such a situation, I pulled out my gun.

I took the lightest steps towards the tent and put off the safety. When I'm in front of it, I lift up my gun with my index finger on the trigger and point at the intruders.

My face drops into a scowl when I see Altas, Adam and Josh looking back at me with widened eyes. I had to remind myself they're just kids because I felt like putting a bullet in each one's head.

“What the fuck are you three doing here?” I ask, frustratingly tucking back the weapon.

“We came to see if the preparations are going well.” Altas said defensively.

“With popcorn?” I gestured to the buckets in their hands.

“Actually, let me explain,” Josh took charge. “We were playing UNO with Addy but then she randomly fell asleep. Since dad’s picking me up in another hour and Valerie won't be here till then either, we thought…”

“To borrow your tent.” Adam completed.

I exhaled a deep breath. “Ten seconds. I want each one of you out.” They didn't have to be told twice and instantly got up. “Leave it how you found it. Arrange the pillows and tuck the sheet back in.”

They did as told without any complaint and even cleaned the popcorn they'd dropped. When they were done Adam asked, “I hope you're satisfied, your Majesty. Do you need us for anything else?”

“Probably to stop tigress from disturbing their bed wrestling session again.” Altas chuckled.

I glared at him. “Do you want me to take out the gun again?” Josh tugged him to the door and they were about to leave when I called after them. “Wait,”

They turned to me. “Tell someone to come up here to rearrange the decor.” They nod obediently and I cleared my throat then added. “I'm gonna lock the door but still… make sure she doesn't come up here.”

Addy knows I'm going to propose today. She won't disturb us but I want to make sure that I don't show her something she isn't supposed to. I’ve already been having a hard time meeting her eyes since that day. I don't wanna imagine what she thinks of me now.

Altas gives me a cheeky smile. “She's out like an alcoholic. She won't get up before dinner.”

I nod to him with the most irritated expressions on my face. They get the cue to leave and make their way to the exit as Josh suggests, “We should take some ugly pictures of her sleeping, she hates those.”