Rose

Reign's Pov

It’s been an eternity since they've held me in this bloody living room.

I was really hoping to get Addy and go straight to the prom. But how can I be so lucky? Of course her brothers would love a chit chat before we leave.

But why does it have to be the youngest one? I can't pretend to like them. Atleast the older ones are mature and don't bother me but these fuckers don't even try to hide their hatred for me.

Altas sits right in front of me and openly glares while Adam is sitting with a scowl clearly not impressed by the look of achievement I'm giving him.

They're both dressed for the prom but still haven't left to pick up their flings. When I asked, I got the reply “Who goes to a party right when it starts?” Well the answer would be me. Someone who would kill to have just a little more time with his date.

For some reason whenever I drop by, Josh is magically present here as well and even today he's joining the twins in their little good-for-nothing hate club against me.

“One scratch on my sister-” I cut him off.

“Seriously?” I give Josh a dirty look.

What kind of savage do they think I am? I'm not gonna take her to prom and hurt her. That might’ve been a possibility in some other context but she's pregnant so there's no chance I'm bringing her back with a single blemish on her perfect skin.

Adam leans back on the couch keeping his eyes on me. “I think you should know she's only going with you because she's bored at home.”

I resist the urge to punch him across the face. I know she doesn't like me for anything more than a friend but he didn't have to lay it on me like that.

If I want to live in my delusional world for one evening and believe the girl accompanying me to prom is my girlfriend, then I will. No one can stop me.

I know she'd hate me if she knew everything that's going on in my mind today —or each time I see her. She'd definitely break off our friendship that she still hasn't acknowledged.

“That doesn't change the fact I'm her date for the night.” I smirk at them.

Their expressions drop into anger but before we could escalate the verbal fight, the room's occupied with the remaining brothers and her father.

I still don't understand why each one of her family members have to see her off for the prom but I guess that's the protocol when the Storm’s Princess is going out.

Lucius eyes me up and down then steps towards me. “All set for the prom young man?”

I don't know if he's trying to be cool or if he's actually acknowledging me as a man for the first time. To be fair, I’m not a boy —haven’t been one seen I crossed fourteen— but this could very well be a taunt.

“Yes. Where's my date?” I asked like a gentleman.

His eyes go up in frustration like I'm annoying him. He knows how to conceal his emotions but if I can see them then that only means he's done it intentionally.

“How about before I call my daughter, we discuss some simple rules for the night?” It wasn't a question so I didn't bother answering.

“I want her back by one. If you go up a single second, I'm sending my team to her rescue.” I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and listened intently.

The last thing I want is to piss off her father and he changes his mind.

“Make sure she's fed well, she doesn't exhaust herself and don't let anyone,” His eyes darkened. “At any cost, mess with her.”