Secret

Julian's Pοv

The last two days have been riveting.

This time the humble presence of my brother's boyfriend has brought in some changes.

Whenever Kaito visits, he always spends Friday night with us —the twins, Ewan and I with the older two occasionally joining in. We usually just go to one of our clubs.

And then his Saturdays and Sundays are obviously reserved for Ewan. They go out to do I don't know what and fuck a shit ton.

But this time, rather than being tangled in sheets day and night, Kaito was on a mission to spend time with Adeline.

He supposedly wants to get to know her but everyone here knows he's actually trying to sort out our relationship with her by constantly dragging her to spend more time with us.

The whole Saturday was him showing her our baby pictures to return the favor and then watching "Dune" tagging us along.

The next day he told us to come to the game room because he wanted to play "Taken" but then we found out it was another one of the siblings bonding session.

He didn't let her eat in her room for any of the meals and she had to politely agree though I could see she wanted to refuse so bad.

To my surprise Adeline does like to talk. I had assumed she didn't like socializing but I guess I was wrong. But Kaito still remains the only person I've seen her talk so much with.

She avoids rest of us altogether. Even dad, Rhyett, Cyrus and Adam who are kinder and more welcoming than us, don't receive any attention from her.

As for me, I think I do have a standard relationship with her. We don't talk to each other but I do put my input in her regard whenever necessary.

After all that's what big brothers do.

That's how I've always been with my brothers. That's how I am. I think she quite knows it by now.

And well I did make her food when she was hungry so I don't see any point in dad or Kaito's concern that I have to put more efforts to let her know I'm not an asshole.

She has also been avoiding Ewan —his short-temper can be blamed— and Altas —credit to his gracious comments on her diet— as well as Adam — though I thought she liked him since he even slept with her.

Sometimes I think she knows about the Mafia which is why she's been so distance.

Or maybe it's just our closed off vibe that's throwing her off?

No matter what the reason maybe, Kaito has unintentionally made it easier for me to understand and try to uncover why my baby sis always acts like she's under the radar.

The twins and Ewan disagree but I'm positive that she is hiding something. And if my observation is right, Rhyett knows what it is. So does dad.

Ever since Adeline went for the fucking drive with Rhyett, things shifted. Everything was off about him the next morning.

And later when Adeline had a private conversation with dad in his office, he started behaving unusual. Not to mention he did heroin that day which he does rarely only when he's extremely stressed.

They both skipped office and didn't even bother asking about work that day. Their attention was fixed on Adeline the moment they walked into the dinning room.

And hell they didn't even change which is so unlike them.

I've tried asking if there's anything wrong with Adeline —because we have as much right to know as they do— but they always say everything's ok.