Prom 1

Reign's Pov

“Anything cold.” It wasn't specific enough when it comes to drinks but I guess I have to just make a good guess. “I seriously don't know what's wrong with them tonight.” She grumbled, not happy with her babies’ behavior.

But luckily the little creatures moving have been the only distress for her tonight. She did feel uneasy by people's stare at her bump and by being in a huge crowd but she got comfortable quite fast.

I introduced her to some of my friends that she got along with well then she had to suddenly go pee so we rushed to the lavatory while she panicked about ruining her dress.

What set her in a great mood was her brothers coming over with their dates. She talked to them for a while and when they left, she started planning their weddings with girls they literally started dating a week back just for the prom. 

“Don't worry, they'll go to sleep soon.” I reassured though I knew nothing about their sleeping patterns.

She shook her head. “They're in their revenge mode today. I just don't know what I have done to them.” She sighed then her face changed with realization. “Do you think they hate me because I feed them too much Cheetos and popcorn?”

That doesn't sound healthy but I'm not gonna say it. “I’m sure they love you for that. Maybe they're just pissed off because they don't like the uncles they're gonna have.”

She narrowed her eyes at me. “They knew I was coming to prom. Maybe you're the reason they've been hurting me so much today, because they don't want me to spend time with you.”

That can't be happening. Her kids can't hate me. I'm gonna play a crucial role in their life and it can only be possible if they love me.

“Or they’re just too excited to be around me.”

“I don't have time to argue, go get something. I'm thirsty!” She ushered me.

As she went back to rubbing soothing circles on her belly hoping the kids would calm down, I went and stood in front of the counter deliberating which drink to pick.

I couldn't go back because she'd be mad that I came empty-handed and if I take back something she doesn't like then it would be a whole new problem. So after a few seconds of anxiety, I decided to do something I hate.

I took out my phone and texted Julian. “What's your sister’s favorite drink?”

Julian does have a protective side for his sister but he's the most chill out of all her brothers. So I get along better with him. He does say stuff I hate sometimes but he's civil —rather subtle— in his approach.

“You're the talk of the party again.” Lisa said, coming to stand beside me.

“What is it this time?” I asked what I already knew.

“Don't be so cheeky about it. You just brought a pregnant woman to prom. That's news in itself.”

“I guess highschool's gotten so boring that this is news now.” I drawled.

I knew no one would treat teen pregnancy like it wasn't a big deal but I hated how much they paid attention to it. Because Addy doesn't want the spotlight to be on herself.

“Is that why you're not available after school or on weekends anymore?” She asked curiously. “Daddy duties?”

My heartbeat picked up for a second before I composed myself. I’m prepared for the question. I knew everyone would make the obvious assumption.

“Well you know I'm a responsible man.” I provide as an answer.

She smirks and looks back at Addy's table where she sat typing something on her phone. “She’s surely worth breaking every girl’s heart for.”