Girlfriend

Adeline's Pov

The microwave beeped and Julian scurried away to get the lasagna out.

I squeezed my way through a crowd of people. Not only did George have tons of relatives, he also had a lot of friends and coworkers. He is such a sweet person that everyone likes him.

Once out in front of the house, I went to our car and grabbed the small package that contains a checked scarf which I know George would love.

When I turned around, my breath hitched as I saw Jordan in front of me. He smiled at my shocked expressions and leaned towards me placing both of his hands next to my head, successfully caging me between himself and the car.

“Jordan…” I didn't know what else to say.

“Gosh,” He breathed out. “You're prettier than I remember.”

“I have to go.” I whispered.

He laughed. “That's still your favorite dialogue?”

“Jordan, my brothers…” I tried reminding him.

“I know. Josh told me you’ve got six brothers, ya?” I nod not meeting his eyes. “And you live with them in Texas, correct?” I nod again and his eyes lit up. “Perfect. I've got a job there.”

I bite my lips when I realized the meaning of his words. His gaze dropped to my lips and he took it out from between my teeth with his thumb and inhaled a breath.

“Don't do that. I might end up kissing you.” He whispered seductively.

I tried placing the small package between us to create some distance to no avail. He was too close and I was too scared to push him away.

I finally mustered up some courage. “We shouldn't. It's wrong.”

“What's wrong in wanting to kiss my girlfriend?” 

I looked up at him with furrowed brows. We haven't broken up officially but when I didn't sneak out for him and he changed cities two months later, I assumed it was over.

“But… it's over. You left and…”

“But I never stopped thinking about you Addy.” He grabbed my hand. “You were always on my mind. I haven't even lost my virginity because the thought of touching any other woman felt so wrong. I saved myself for you, baby.”

He leaned forward and I knew what was coming but I didn't say anything. I didn't protest. I didn't move. I didn't stop him. I couldn't stop him.

It was like he still had the same power over me.

He kissed my cheek as my grip tightened on the wrapped present in my hand and I tried to even out my breathing. His lips lingered for a second before he pulled back.

I should feel good. There should be some happy feeling that I’m supposed to feel. But I just kept staring at him like I couldn't believe he said those words to me or he did what he did.

I wanted to tell him that I wasn't the same person. My priority wasn't love anymore, it was my babies and I couldn't let any man come between us.

I thought of telling him that I wasn't as pure as he thought. Even if it wasn't consensual I've lost a part of me. Maybe saying that would push him away and make him lose interest.

But it didn't feel right telling him my secret.

“My brothers must be waiting…” I hoped he would let me go now.

“Where do you go for school?”

“I don't. It's online.”

“Do you go anywhere else that we could meet without your family around?”