Heir

Read the previous chapter “Astor Gala” before this. I changed the second half of it when reuploading.

Also, Rein & Rowan literally had equal votes so I went with Reign Astor. And I changed the spelling too. Hope you guys like it!

                            ———

Adeline’s Pov

We make our way to where Adam supposedly is but just then I spot Cyrus with a girl on his arm with their backs to us.

I knew Sasha was coming and I really wanted to meet her but it felt weird going up to them myself since we haven't even talked once. I would’ve preferred if Cyrus took me to introduce to her rather than me intruding on their private moment.

Just when I dropped the idea and was about to ignore them, I saw Kaito and Ewan were standing there too. It can't be that awkward if I have those two there as well.

“Do you think we should go meet Sasha?” I ask Altas who made a face at my words.

“If you want to. I'm not really a fan of her.”

“But she isn't bad, right?” I just wanted to be sure.

He thought for a second. “She has a lot of attitude.”

That doesn't particularly makes it clear if she is bad or not because as much as I know him, Altas would consider anyone rude who talks back to him.

“Let's give it a shot. I gotta know my sister-in-law.”

Altas wasn't happy with the suggestion but did what I wanted and with the slowest stride —like he was delaying it for as long as possible— we managed to reach them.

“Cyrus.” I called and four pairs of eyes moved to us.

“Adeline.” With his free arm he tugged me forward so I wasn't standing behind them.

Sasha looked at me not blinking but her gaze wasn't harsh. Kaito and Ewan remained silent watching the scene. They're standing at just the right amount of distance and I can already guess it's because Ewan doesn't like PDA. But the other couple here are glued to each other. Cyrus has his arm around her waist while Sasha's opposite hand rests a little under his chest.

Both are wearing black. Cyrus has a tux on like the rest of my brothers while Sasha's wearing a mini dress —that hugs her in all the right places with a square neck that beautifully sits on her chest— which perfectly suits her curvy body.

“You must be Adeline.” She says. Her voice isn't sweet neither were her expressions but I don't know if that's intentional. “I'm Sasha. Your brother’s fiance.”

She forwards her hand and I take it. Unlike what I would've thought since she's the princess of her Mafia, her hands wasn't soft. It was hard like she trained a lot which may be true considering the muscles on her arm.

“Nice to meet you.” I didn't know what else to say.

If it's this uncomfortable right now, it would've been even more awkward if we had talked for the first time on call when Cyrus came back from his trip.

We had decided to facetime her the next morning but it didn't go as planned since my brothers found out about my pregnancy that day.

“Nice to meet you too, Adeline.” She replies formally.

I don't know if she's purposely keeping her distance from me or if she doesn't like socializing.

Next to me Cyrus chuckles all of a sudden and I look at him trying his best to not burst out laughing.