Birth

Adeline's Ροv

When I felt Reign slip his hand in mine, I held him in a tight grip. It was calming to know I had someone and I tried trusting him to help me through this.

I pushed again and again until I couldn't and took a break. If this was a competition I would’ve withdrawn by now. I just couldn't do it anymore.

“Water.” I whispered and Reign immediately got me his flask, angling it to my mouth.

My throat has dried up like I haven't drank in months. There was not a single thing that wasn't wrong, even my legs were giving out.

“Hold my legs.” I told Reign once I was done drinking.

I could clearly see the discomfort on his face but I had no other options. He got on his knees in front of the seat and placed his hands on my thighs to keep them apart.

“Relax, breathe-” Reign was cut off as Valerie scolded him.

“No. Don't breathe while you push, you have to give it your all. Deeply inhale, then give a long push.”

After a few minutes of trying unsuccessfully I threw my head back to catch my breath. Reign let go of my legs and grabbed a towel to probably clean the amniotic fluid from between my legs —because what else could be there until the babies are born— and very suspiciously folded then discarded it away from my sight. I wasn't even bothered by what he was doing because I couldn't care less as the pain was numbing all my senses of embarrassment.

Another ten minutes passed as I desperately tried to push a couple of babies out of me. When Reign finally said he can see the head slightly coming out, I knew this was the time and gave one hard push with all the power left in me.

The baby literally flew out of me like a bullet but luckily it landed right in Reign's awaiting hands. We both stilled for a moment and just stared at the little human connected to me through the umbilical cord.

It was so small yet so huge considering it just came out of me. I couldn't believe I just made that thing. It was so delicate and breakable.

“It's out!” Reign nearly shouted in victory.

“Thank fuck!” Rhyett sighs. “Are you okay, love?”

“She's fine.” Reign answered for me because I wasn't in the condition to say anything as my eyes were glued to the baby in his hands.

“Write down the time,” I heard Valerie tell Rhyett then address Reign. “Which one is it?”

We had both forgotten about it till now and looked down together. My face morphed into horror as I realized there's no escaping him anymore, soon that guy will be in my arms and I will have to hold him.

“He has a penis.” Reign announced overjoyed already.

“Alright. Do you feel the next one coming, Addy?” She asked me. I nodded and Reign communicated it to her. “And is the umbilical cord attached to the boy still pulsating?”

We were confused about the answer as the tube looked alive to us but we didn't want to take any chance so Reign turned the camera on again so she could see it for herself.

“We have time, we’ll deliver the next one first then cut the cord. Reign, put him on Addy's chest so he can get some heat and wrap a towel over him.”

“But he's quite… dirty. Shouldn't I clean him first?” Reign asked, holding the baby awkwardly.

“Do what I'm telling you to. Fast!” Valerie scolded and surprisingly Reign didn't get offended. He was being so understanding.