Gentle

Adeline's Ροv

The week following Jordan's visit was uncomfortable to say the least.

Not only was Reign's absence eating at my peace, I couldn't make eye contact with my family either.

They were acting normal but every now and then I started feeling judgmental eyes on me —which I hundred percent blame my overthinking for.

I kept thinking what they might be thinking of me. I dated a guy so older than me and lied that there wasn't anything going on between us. My father asked me if I wanted to tell him something but I refused to confess.

Which led to me seeing a side of Ewan that I hadn't expected. The way he was beating life out of Jordan was a memory I can't forget no matter how hard I try to.

All the while Lucius and Rhyett stood there like mannequins not bothered by the monstrous side of Ewan. Rather encouraging him with silence —their sign of approval.

When I met him the next day, he was so calm and even joked with me that I started thinking if he even realizes what he's done or is it such a regular
occurrence in his life that mercilessly disfiguring someone's face isn't a big deal to him anymore.

I was traumatized by the event and more so by the fact that Jordan is dead. I know my family killed him. None of them have admitted to it but I'm not a fool. I can guess what a Mafia does to men who threaten their honor.

Fortunately nobody made me feel that my mistake made any difference in our relationship. Everyone was exactly the way they used to be. They were behaving so extraordinarily normal.

So after a few days, I accepted what had happened and tried moving on. I settled down my feelings and focused on what mattered —my little lives.

But then Josh told me Jordan has been missing for a couple of days and the police were investigating his disappearance. I couldn't tell him I knew anything related to the case. I could only express fake sympathy and that's what I did.

I wish the police never find him —not his corpse or his breathing body if he's still alive. I don't want my family to get in trouble.

I rushed to Lucius’ room to let him know that Jordan's parents have filed a missing person report. I was a panicking mess by the time he opened the door. I was sobbing for my involvement in a murder and the fear of getting caught then living without my kids in jail was killing me.

Lucius was shocked to see me in such a miserable condition and spent the entire night trying to convince me that nobody will ever touch a single strand of my hair.

He said everything was under control and I should forget anything ever happened. The officers investigating the case have already scrubbed out all proves.

All I had to do was to keep quiet. Under no circumstances should I reveal that I know anything related to the case —even to George or Josh.

When I had calmed down, Lucius brought up his biased side. He explained to me that Jordan paid for his sins and I shouldn't blame myself for it. None of it was my fault. The only thing I did wrong was hiding the truth from my family.

He said my attraction was natural because I was a child and didn't know any better. But Jordan shouldn't have reciprocated my feelings. And I shouldn't have trusted him.

Sometimes I still wish I hadn't had a crush on him in the first place. He would still be alive. But Lucius said men like him are better off dead or he would be destroying the life of some other minor.

When I think of it from this perspective, Jordan's action feels horrible. A seventeen year old shouldn't pursue a relationship with an eleven year old.