Gross

Adeline's Ροv

“I swear to God, Altas!” I could hear the frustration in his voice.

My eyes widened as Rhyett pulled a gun on me that I'm pretty sure I heard him load a split second before the door opened.

His face was flushed with anger and had a bed sheet wrapped around his waist that he was holding with one hand which didn't look any bit secure.

“Fuck!” He cursed as he realized it was me.

His gun was off immediately and he tried hiding himself behind the door. I finally turned around knowing that I wouldn't be shot if I tried to move. I covered my eyes even if the room of sin was behind me.

“I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to- I just came to offer you cookies. I didn't know you were- I'll just go. Sorry. I'm going. Continue.” I said all the words that came to my mind and rushed back to the living room.

Rheytt didn't say a single word nor did I want him to stop me. I would rather just not show him my face for my whole life. I don't even know how I'm supposed to look him in the eyes after this.

What would he think of me now?

Gosh! Why would I even go see him when his girlfriend’s over? They aren't kids, obviously they're gonna do the nasty when they meet. That's what all adults do.

Images of Rhyett came back to my mind. His hair was ruffled and there was sweat on his naked chest. If I'm not mistaken he had hickeys on his neck and even nail marks. It feels so wrong knowing my brother was doing something so…

Why couldn't I just live my whole life thinking Rhyett and Valerie just hold hands?

The moment I reached the living room I grabbed the closest thing —which was a small wooden showpiece— and threw it directly on Altas.

It hit his arm and he cried out in pain. “What was that for?”

“Why would you tell me to go there when you knew they were-” I asked him with anger visible on my face and in my voice.

“They were…? What were they doing?” He asks, leaning against the couch.

“You know what they were doing.” I blush hard.

“No, I don't. What were they doing?” He asks again with the most casual tone.

“Don't be a pain in the- you knew and you still sent me there. I'm never ever talking to you again.”

“Shit! You saw them do it?” Adam asked, panicking. “Or you heard something.”

“Rhyett-”

I cut myself off and looked around to make sure no one else was listening. They both came close to hear the secret and I dropped my voice before telling them exactly what I saw.

They were minutes away from losing it and when I said the very last line, “Can you believe he was doing that?” They both burst out laughing.

I hit Adam’s arm this time and he tried composing himself. “Sorry but it was given that they will do it. What were you expecting they'd be doing in a bedroom?”

“I- God it's so weird. I don't even know how you guys are so chill with it.” I pushed past them and went to sit down on the couch.

“Chill, just forget about it. Be grateful you didn't see the act.” Altas said, patting my arm.

“What if I did? Why would you send me there knowing I might see them?” I give him a sharp look.

“I just planned for you to annoy him. I thought he'd come out decent and you’ll intentionally be a cockblock.”