Get out

Adeline's Ροv

Reign keeps looking at me without saying anything.

It's too late for me to go hide. He’s seen me. He knows. He’s gonna judge me now.

“You…” He dozed off.

“Get out, Reign.” I whisper, not being able to speak.

“Valerie's the one who's pregnant, right? Rhyett knocked her up and you two are here shopping for her. She's pregnant and…” His eyes dropped to my belly again. “That’s a food baby. You can't be- Of course it's a food baby, you're fourteen…” He shook his head as if shaking off the ideas he’s getting right now. “You’re smarter than this. Obviously it's not what I'm thinking.”

My eyes start to water as I keep looking at him. I didn't want to tell my secret to anyone. And Reign was the last person I wanted to see me with a bump.

His opinion doesn't matter to me. But it's the feeling of my secret being out of my hands, that's killing me.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn't assume anything. It's totally normal to have a small paunch under your baggy clothes. Not everyone works out.” He said it more to himself than me. “And you look so pretty. Fat suits you.”

“Shit!” He slams the bouquet on his face. “I didn't call you fat. I just said you look pretty with a little bit of weight. And I absolutely adore you like this-”

“Reign, get out!” I say more firmly this time.

He takes a breath. “Tell me you're not…”

“It's none of your business. Get out or I'll call someone to throw you out.”

I’m panicking.

I don't want him to see me so vulnerable.

“You can't be… You were supposed to have my kids.” He says quietly.

My eyebrows knit together as a wave of anger surges through me. “I wasn't supposed to do anything for you. Stop thinking ahead of yourself. Get out of your fantasy and get out of this room!” I yell at him.

He drops the flowers on the floor looking at me like he's not believing what he sees. “Why didn't you tell me?”

“It’s none of your business! Get out!”

I threw a hanger at him. He grabbed it before it hit him and slowly let it slide through his hand to the floor. He looked helpless, I am too.

“If you told me you had a boyfriend I would’ve stopped pursuing you.” He said pressing his hands on his eyes like not seeing me would change the reality.

“Why do I need a man for you to stop bothering me? Why is my ‘no’ not enough on its own?”

He opens his eyes again and looks at me with eyes so sad that I wonder if this is the first time he's ever been heartbroken.

“You’re right.” He finally says.

“It was all my fault.” He runs a hand through his hair. “I should’ve understood that you don't like me. I- Fuckkkkkkkkk!!!!” He groaned in frustration. “Why am I so dumb?”

I took a step back not sure if his sadness would be dangerous to me. At no cost I would let his emotions hurt me or my babies.

“You were clearly not enjoying it. You only blushed because I said the things any girl would want to hear. But you clearly hate me. You've said it so many times.”

“I didn't say I hate you.” I don't know why I felt the need to clarify.

“But you don't like my existence. You hate the Mafia thing, you hate my attitude, my arrogance, even my dad. You hate my whole shitty personality!” He looked so out of sorts. “You weren't even hinting at it. You said a clear ‘no’. Why couldn't I just hear you?”