Drunk

Adeline's Pov

I'm woken up by the sound of my door opening. I slowly stretch my limbs and peel open my eyes.

To my surprise it isn't one of the maids coming to wake me up for breakfast.

It's Julian.

And it isn't even morning yet. It's two in the night. I just slept an hour ago —as I was feeling nauseatic this whole time— and he's already woken me up.

I haven't seen him since this morning when he offered to take me out to eat. I was shocked but so happy that he's putting in efforts to improve our relationship.

I was about to ask why he's here when suddenly he burps. Then I focus my sleepy eyes and take in his appearance.

The messy hair, he haven't changed from the stained shirt he wore earlier and his crooked posture along with flushed skin.

He's drunk.

"Hi Baby sissyyyyyy...." I keep looking at him as he stumbles inside. He doesn't seem to know how to walk.

"What're you doing here, Julian." I ask eyeing him cautiously and get out from the warmth of my bed.

Drunk men scare me. Not that I have met many in real life but the ones in movies are horrible.

But the guy in front of me reminds me of the time Josh got drunk. So drunk that he entered directly through the front doors. And I totally denied all the accusations of helping him sneak out.

"What do you mean by 'what are you doing here?'. I cook for you. I'm your favorite brother, I can come here whenever I want." Oh. Delusional enough?

He steps forward and goes to hit his face on the floor but I catch him just in time. He chuckles. God, he's heavy. I try to get him to stay on his feet but he starts leaning on me further.

"Don't try to push me away." He protests bringing his arms on either side of me and hugs me.

"Julian, can you sit down." My voice comes out muffled as he presses my face to his chest.

"You're really sweet, addy." Did he just call me my nickname? "And really adorable, and a sleepy hungry tigress. Altas loves to call you that." He laughs like a drunk person does.

I don't say anything and start to slowly take him to my bed so I can throw him off me.

I never thought Julian would be someone who drinks so much that they temporarily lose their mind. He's always poised, calm and sarcastic. I've only seen him drink beers before.

Is he just living his best teenage life or is there some specific reason why he got drunk today? Or is he an alcoholic. I hope not.

"But why are you such an innocent little bug, sissy?" He sounds sad and almost... guilty. "Why did you have to trust me? I'm a dick!"

I don't get what he's talking about. I never trusted him with anything else but food. Shouldn't I eat what he gives me?

"You know I thought you might be like her but you..." He hugs me tighter pushing my head further into him. "It doesn't matter if she raised you. You're a Storm. You're one of us. You're not like her."

Only Adam has ever talked about mom with me and now that Julian is doing the same, I'm clueless again if I should contribute to the conversation.

For me, mum was the best mother I could've ever asked for but I know how the rest of her kids feel. Because in all honesty, what she did was wrong.

When they hate on mum so much, I feel like I forgave Lucius rather easily. I never held it against him that he didn't keep me.

But my forgiveness might be driven from the fact that our parents gave preference to me when taking such a cruel decision.