Labor

Adeline's Ροv

This was not what I expected when I imagined my labor.

I really believed it was just an extension of period cramps. I’ve grown to tolerate the former so I can somehow take the labor pain like a champ.

I didn't want to call everyone a liar but I thought maybe it wasn't as hard and people just exaggerated it. It could very well depend on the person’s tolerance level and mine would turn out to be higher than most.

The prospect of shouts and cries in public and in front of a team of doctors really cringed me. But now when I was in the same situation, I couldn't help but let out the most agonizing screams of my life.

Reign physically flinched next to me. I don't know if the driver heard me but he stopped the car and knocked on the partition to ask for permission to talk.

“We're here, Sir.” He announced when Reign opened the small window between us.

“Okay.” He replied looking the most confused I've ever seen him and closed the partition back up.

“Gosh this is the worst time. Why did everyone let two kids go out alone? Couldn't they see she's about to go into labor?” He whined.

In normal circumstances he would’ve loved to go out alone with me but now that I was in a terrible situation, he regretted the idea. I was so pissed that these are the thoughts going inside his head when I'm here barely managing to breath through the horrible pain.

“I shouldn't deliver the babies. I can't deliver the babies. I can't do this. Fuck my mind's not working.” He rambled to himself.

My heart sank when he opened the door and stepped out of the car. I knew Reign wasn't an adult and he would panic in such a situation but I didn't think he would abandon me.

How could I choose a guy who can't take care of me in distress? I'll immediately break up with him once my babies are out. Then I'm gonna tell Ewan to kill him like he killed Jordo-

Suddenly the door on my side opens and Reign's standing there looking at me with panic all over his features. “Okay, we need to be fast. I'll help you step out-”

I moved back when he tried getting a hold of me so he could throw me out of the car. “Are you serious?” I yelled at him as thick tears ran down my face and I felt another wave of pain take over my abdomen. “You're abandoning me in labor?”

He looks at me confused. “No. I'm taking you to the hospital.”

I threw my head back and took in a few quick breaths so I could speak. “We’re already in a car, Reign-” My yelling got cut off as another scream tore from my throat. “Get it moving!”

I wanted to shoot him for being so dumb. And he must've known that too because the realization on his face was accompanied by strong embarrassment.

“Right. Right. We're already in the car. We have to get to the hospital.” He repeated my words to himself.

After gaining his senses he immediately ran back to his side and yelled at the driver to take us to the hospital. I really wanted churros but that wasn't my priority right now and we drove off.

“Are you feeling any better?”

“I won't be any better till they're out!” I yelled at him as the pain started getting intolerable. “Stop asking stupid questions!”

“I'm sorry I just don't know what to do.” He ran a hand through his hair. “What did Lucius say…? Take her to the hospital. Take her to the hospital. Then what?” He was thinking out loud and his voice was annoying me so much.