Dependency

Adeline's Ροv

I don't know what's wrong with him. He still hasn't learned to be on his own. And it's already been a whole five days since his birth.

Why can't he understand I can't have him on my chest the whole day?

He’s already fed and burped. The only thing left now is for him to fall asleep but he just isn't in the mood for it. And as long as he's awake, I’m obliged to serve him.

I took a deep breath and I tried putting him down again. But the moment he didn't feel me against him, he started crying like I'm subjecting him to some kind of torture.

I laid him down on my bed and tried gently rubbing my hand on his chest so he calmed down. “Shhh baby…” I was panicking again. “I haven't eaten lunch, your sister didn't let me sleep last night either. Can you please just go to sleep so mama can take care of herself? I'm really tired and really hungry.”

He wasn't cooperative and didn't even look at me as his eyes remained closed with the effort of putting his all into crying so my guilt increased tenfold.

I couldn't call any one of my family members because just a few moments ago I had very proudly declared that only I can handle my son.

Aella was chilling with her uncles as she could fall asleep with any one of them. But I had to bring Alessio to my room because he needed to be fed and I didn't have a bottle with me.

It hasn't been a week yet and my babies already have different feeding times which is really difficult when I'm the only one pumping it for them.

Dad stayed with me while I fed him but then he left to take a call and that's when I suddenly got so hungry but my baby boy refused to let me eat.

I have to make him sleep but no matter how many times I walk the length of my room or rock him in my arms, he stays wide awake.

“Please stop crying.” I whispered to him.

But he didn't care listening to me and went on and on about the pain I'm giving him by refusing to let him starve me to death.

“You can't expect me to hold you all day. I have a life.”

He just wasn't paying attention to my words. It was like I was talking to a statue. I tried kissing his face and gently rubbing my cheek with his but he didn't care how bad I felt because of him.

His cries became louder and I tried not thinking about it but it was impossible to ignore. “Alessio please can you just-” I cut myself off because it was useless talking to him. He only cares about himself.

“If you're gonna behave like an entitled man then don't expect me to hold you whenever you want.” I threatened him. “I was being so nice to you but now I'm not gonna let you sleep on me and I'm not gonna feed you directly from my boobs.”

Tears gathered up in my eyes and I couldn't help but look away from him. I hope soon he'll get bored of screaming his lungs out. I couldn't just leave him lying on the bed so I just sat next to him unmoving and let my exhaustion drip down from my eyes.

I just need a moment to myself.

I don't know what's wrong with him but he just kept going on and on and I didn't have a single idea on how to stop him without taking him back in my arms. My hands started shaking as I picked up the glass next to me and drank from it while listening to his gut wrenching screams.

I dropped the glass back on the bedside table and pressed my hands against my eyes as an exhaustion washed over me. I can't do this. This isn't what I expected. Why does he cry so much?